Thursday 4 July 2013

'Flying the Nest' - Flourish with a Bling July Challenge {using the Prima BAP}




Hi!  Did you know that Flourish with a Bling has a monthly challenge?  There is a random draw for a lovely (generous) pack of FWAB goodies that gets shipped free of charge to the winner, anywhere in the world.  


The rule is just to use some FWAB on your project (layout/card/OTP/etc)which you can buy directly from their online store HERE & USE THE PHOTO ABOVE FOR INSPIRATION.


The prize pack you can win!  I created a sample for this challenge, which you can see below.  For sketch direction I used the Prima BAP for June.  A tricky one indeed...


You need to upload your entry directly into the 'July Challenge Folder' in the FWAB gallery on the FWAB site.

I started here with white cardstock & shaded the top & bottom with gelatos then covered it over with mesh tape for a more subtle look.


I used FWAB loose adhesive pearls, as you can see above, and part of a Grace Pearl Flourish I had left over from a previous project (see it to the left of the title above).  I used Prima embellishments - wooden clock faces, nests & Ingvild Bolme pretties.


I also cut up a Jack vine you can see above (top right).  This is a lovely glossy vine that I've never seen (anything similar) available anywhere else - truly unique!


I used Prima patterned papers (Wink Collection - Rosalee (2010) & Romantique Collection - Estella (2011) my MS heart punch & fussy-cut elements from Prima Doodle-Deux Collection (Lucky Charms) 2012.  Prima collections often combine very well.


I'm in love with that Jack Vine - just look at the glossy shine!  And that Grace Pearl Flourish popping out from the nest, not to mention the scattering of green individual pearls.  Can't live without my BLING! (links to all these products are in the FWAB post I linked to).


Those Prima nests are pretty darn cute too!  Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!!  Hope you are all having a super-awesome holiday today!!!  And to all who pass by amidst your busy days - thank you ♥




19 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Love the zipper serving as clock arms.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Keren Tamir said...

the colors are so striking in this one!! and its so beautiful!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow-wow! LOVE it! and so close to skecth:) i did mine and went toooooo far from it:)

Sandi Smith said...

Such a beautiful layout Helen..you are definitely rockin' the FWAB!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Such an amazing page! Great details and fab FWAB!

sandi said...

Wow Helen! Love what you did for the challenge! Looks FABULOUS! What an awesome take on that sketch!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors, the textures and those photos!!

Adriana B said...

wow wee super take on challenge and awesome layout :)

Marelize said...

You've been a busy little bee Helen! Love all your latest creations! This layout is absolutely gorgeous! Such stunning pics of your DD and the colours are so soft and pretty! Great take on the sketch. xx

Jasmine S said...

Lovely Helen. The details and layers blend so beautifully. I usually study a page to see how it was put together but you have me thinking here...lol. It all looks like it was made as one....perfect.

Mitralee said...

I love how you described all the products you used! Lovely just lovely! I think that your new color ideas & soft tones are really up your alley!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh love the two square pics and the fun elements you added (zipper pull = awesome!)

juscrap said...

Ohh Helen! This page is fabulous! xoxo

dstandard said...

Fabulous page - your daughter and your page are just gorgeous!

Sandie said...

Helen this is gorgeous!!! I adore the photo of you and your daughter too.....

Kerryn said...

Such a fun eclectic mx of embellishments. Love it!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your layout Helen. You really nailed a very difficult sketch. I love the colours you used, and seeing the mesh on your page....and gosh those little nests are gorgeous. I missed buying them when they were available.

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...you really create magic with your pages! Love this...soooooo many gorgeous little, special details! Stunning Helen!

Sandie said...

An arty feel to this LO .. gorgeous!! The bling pieces are really nice ....and work in so well to how you have designed this LO.