Tuesday 2 July 2013

'Love Birds' Layout - Scrap Around The World - Lots of Prima!




This month, at Scrap Around The World, (see the new challenge HERE) we have the most amazing sketch & mood board for our challenge.



I've had such a crazy busy month that I got to create this at the LAST MINUTE!! (Now there's a confession for you!) but despite that I am really happy with how it turned out!!


I've had this paper in my stash FOREVER! "Enchanted Array" from the "I Do" Collection by EK Success. 

It has a lovely damask embossed design & my original intention was to work on it with some gelatos, but once I got started I decided that all the texture I created was enough & that adding more colour would be overkill!!



The "Love Birds" die-cut is from K & Co.  (too cute! - Found this in Singapore at Paper Market when we were there in January).  

I began my page by sewing on an old handkerchief as my paper mat (given to me by dear Mitra from the US), although I ended up covering up most of it.  In person it has a lovely fine linen texture...(you can see it underneath the title) so I cut the threads off long so I could leave them in tangled clumps - as is the fashion! (+ my 2nd to last Ingvild Bolme for Prima Light Bulb too!)



I used some little bits of bling left over from my GDT with Zva Creative, as well as some beautiful lace motifs (cut in half!) from Sandie in Australia. The photo had a yellow cast to it as it was taken at sunset, so I boosted it to this gorgeous golden colour.



I've had that gold bow made up in my stash for some YEARS lol!  So finally it has a home (got quite sick of seeing it in my drawer to be honest!!) & it proved the perfect topping for that pretty little Ingvild Bolme (for Prima) metal bird-cage ♥


I also cut up a crochet doily (from Chantelle's Etsy shop - now no longer - from Australia), added another lovely zip from Ingvild Bolme for Prima (meant for a baby page but I thought "Cute Baby" added a funky touch to this young love page :-D ) + vellum polaroid die-cuts from Studio Calico & some tulle from my local fabric store.  Hot glued some seed beads on too...


Prima packaging sentiments (popped up on foam tape) plus a gorgeous metal key & lovely textured bling dots from Papervine in New Zealand. They have absolutely AWESOME embellishments!!  A feather, some bling & a couple of die-cuts from the Maggie Holmes Collection for Crate Paper.

5 different continents contributed to the stash on this page (mind-boggling fact LOL) My favourite type of page - where I get to use up lots of little bits of stash & there are NO RULES!




14 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

How lovely and beautiful this page is, Helen! The sketch and mood board are awesome! I hope to join this month :-)

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! 5 continents...& it all blends so beautifully & I LOOOOVE the lace & those gold glimmery dots, too.....really lovely:):):)

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous.. love the lace.. so romantic looking!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful page Helen. I love that so many of your embellishments come with a history.

Unknown said...

Beautiful every detail is sooo amazing

Unknown said...

loooove the white and gold theme!! <3

PaperVine said...

Stunning layout Helen - thanks so much for sharing it - I LOVE how you have used all the embellishments - especially ours from PaperVine :-)

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Simply BEAUTIFUL...

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

WOW! Love the way all the Gold pops off the white background and still doesn't overwhelm the page. Superb job!

Mitralee said...

I REALLY like the gold! Isn't it weird how that is sneaking back into layouts these days! So pretty with the white. I downloaded the photo for your challenge, have the perfect photo we just took on our vacation to Placid. Now just to get some time to get my Paint on!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page Helen, totally love how you used this awesome photos, perfect details all around♥

Marjie Kemper said...

I love how you can take so many seemingly different elements and somehow bring them all together on your pages. This is just lovely in every way!

Sandie said...

It is fabulous you can tell the story of where all the embellishments come from, sort of tells a tale all of its own ..... added extra to the actual layout. Gorgeous Helen.

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning....love the ribbons, laces and gorgeous little bits! Great page!