Saturday 13 July 2013

'Oh So Pretty' Layout - My Creative Scrapbook July 2013 Limited Edition Kit - Webster's Pages Plum Seed




Wow it's been a long computer day for me...from one extreme to the other after my few days offline whilst we were away.  Have certainly made up for it now LOL. 


Here is the first layout I created with my My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit this month.  I started by applying modelling paste through a mask.  I use Golden hard modelling paste as it is really thick & firm & produces perfect results with even really intricate designs such as this.


I start my kit work by choosing my background papers & doing the wet medium work on all 3,4,5 or 6 of them - then leaving them all to dry overnight.  Beats standing against my counter with my heat gun in hand for 20 minutes at a time... That doily mask is a vintage plastic doily sent all the way from the USA by my dear friend Mitra.


I layered this one up with lots of fussy-cut flowers that I cut from ONE piece of patterned paper (and I STILL have some of it left).  I used the elements on every layout this month & they went on forever!!  If there's just one sheet you buy from Webster's Pages Plum Seed make it this one!


I cut out every element on this paper before I began.  (Just an excuse to procrastinate further really...I am terrible at getting started on things!) It took about an hour thanks to my Tonic scissors :)


I loved the pretty Webster's Pages lace that came with this kit & used it to make a rosette beneath my flower.  I was also surprised at how cute the mini craft bags were that came with the kit too.  I wasn't at all sure about them when they debuted on the Webster's blog but in person they are super cute!


I punched the edges, cut them up, tucked them in & found multiple uses for them.  The Basic Grey Knee High & Bow Ties stickers & printed chipboard that came with the kit were a superb match for the Plum Seed (like they were made to be partnered!)  Adding them in here & there is a great way to layer - don't be afraid to cut them into two if you need smaller dimensions.


I used 3 different Martha Stewart punches on this page.  These are not cheap but the only punches that are a pleasure to work with & like dies you can really get mileage out of them if you make it a point to use them regularly.  I store mine in a basket & take it down every time I work on my kit.


Hand-journalling couldn't be easier on this ledger-style paper.   Thanks for stopping by :-p



22 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING!! I love love love love the colors, the doily mask and loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers!!!!

Leonie said...

That doiley is beautiful Helen! Such a fresh lovely page to look at!

paperpapier said...

I read your post via Feedly and am stunned with such a beautiful layout...the details, the flowers, the arrangement, the embellishment...that I immediately come over here to tell you this..>!!! stunning..awesome... amazing..love every bit of it.
Heaney xx

Kerryn said...

Such a pretty page Helen. The fussy cut elements are perfect.

sandi said...

Oh Helen, what a beautiful, beautiful page! Love the stenciled background!

Kasia KrzymiƄska said...

this is simply stunning :)

Mitralee said...

THAT white against the color of the paper is ROCK STAR! I really like that idea! Impressive with your fussy cutting too! LOVE the whole page to BITS!

ClaireR said...

What a Gorgeous LO! I love the double picture, great idea...
Your fussy cutting is amazing!
TFS!
ClaireR
http://threewaterscreations.blogspot.com/

Elaine coustley said...

Love your masking and fussy cuts .
A really pretty layout x

yyam said...

Such a pretty page! Love that doily mask! :)

P/s: Oh yes, I work on several pieces at a time too...can't imagine cleaning up every single time! lol

Evgenia Petzer said...

so sweet~

Val-Belle said...

This is lovely Helen. I need to learn to work on more than one layout at a time but I can barely get my head around what I want to do on that one let alone 5 or 6. Amazing... I don't know how you do it :D

Adriana B said...

Gorgeous detail, simply stunning :)

Alison said...

Love the masked area...and your fussy cutting is always so perfect!
Alison xx

Marelize said...

Beautiful! Love all the gorgeous details and great design. :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful LO, Helen. That paste is exquisite through the ornate stencil.

Sandie said...

The fussy cut elements look so delicate Helen, and really do stand out so beautifully... love this so much!

Keren Tamir said...

wow this is gorgeous!! love the masked doily in the back!

Eila Sandberg said...

I say, the fusy-cutting, masking and punchwork on this one is really fit for a princess. Superb job Helen!! Hugs,

Lynette Jacobs said...

Every detail is perfect. I love the masking on the background and I love all the cut out elements. You really get milage from a kit.

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning page...I absolutely love the styling here! Such a fabulous page! Just love it! That masking on the background is a winner! ;-)

Sophia said...

Gorgeous, love how you did that background...