Tuesday 23 July 2013

'Beach Babe' Layout - My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit July 2013





This is the my 5th & last layout using the My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit this month.  I have a tutorial based on this layout that I'll be sharing some time this week too.


I coloured my base with my new Faber Castell Gelatos.  
They are like creamy lipsticks & blend easily.

Instead of layering up with paper I approached this page a bit differently & layered up with colour (Gelatos being a great choice if you like things nice & flat}, using gauze for texture {also very soft & flattish}, then using chipboard die-cuts, stickers & Webster's Pages mini bags instead of patterned paper.  

{That's right - not a single piece of patterned paper here except the base paper}.


  I am no pro with them as yet so the colours are pretty strong but I did use a make-up sponge to blend them into each other.  I added some texture in the form of cheese-cloth, which always goes well with beach-themed layouts.


Some hand-journalling that went on smooth as butter over the gelatos.


I used a Prima mask together with some embossing paste for the raised design, then coloured with gelatos when it was completely dry.


I simply adore the Prima Hello Pastel Flower Vine that comes with this kit.  I used the one on several of my layouts.

This was a simple layout to put together that didn't hurt my brain {as some do!}Working with the My Creative Scrapbook Kits is such an absolute pleasure as all the hard work of making choices & selecting different items is totally removed from the equation.  

Now is a great time to sign up HERE as CHA is this week, in Vegas, and our fearless leader Pam Rangel is there, making some awesome selections of that I am sure!!

Thanks for your visit :)


23 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful layout!

Denise Price said...

Looks so carefree...summery and sweet!

yyam said...

Such a pretty page. Love the composition. Glad you finally broke out the Gelatos...I really love them!

Sandie said...

Love this Helen, still chuckle that we did the same title.... I love how you create with these fabulous kits. I am so looking forwards to creating with the next one, is yummy plus. Can't wait to see what you create...

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful. Such a fresh summer creation.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Elena Olinevich said...

totally gorgeous. You made this LO so perfectly layered even without papers

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful layout Helen! I love the pretty colorful background and photo!

Eila Sandberg said...

You sure have a way with the kits, always bringing out the best in them adding other textures and working with colours. Fresh, bright and just beautiful Helen! xoxo

Sandi Smith said...

So beautiful Helen and I love the colors!!! Gelatos are my new best friend.....love using them for backgrounds!!Awesome job!!

Adriana B said...

fabulous work as always, love the double photo effect as well as the background, Gelatos are fabulous :)

Val-Belle said...

I have purposefully NOT looked into Gelatos and now I am curious... I think I may HAVE to have these... love the effect ... lovely layout as always... you have beautiful girls...

Lizzy Hill said...

Hard to believe there's no pp here as it looks full of it...clever chicky that you are!!!!! And I really really am 'digging' muslin/cheesecloth too...looks so nice & soft here..gorgeous work...glad you're enjoying your gelatos...I think they're FUN!!!!!!!!!

juscrap said...

Great page Helen!!is so colorful and cheerful!xoxo

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So fabulous!! Love all your layering and gorgeous colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

sandi said...

Wow Helen this is simply gorgeous! The background has such a gorgeous color that mixing in so well with all your embellies. Great pics too! <3!

МамаФиалка said...

Beautiful

Lynette Jacobs said...

Another great layout. I must try to use some gauze between my layers, you make it looks so cool.

FiKenward said...

What a fantastic summery page, beautiful work and gorgeous picture.

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layout Helen! I have never even heard of Gelatos, I will have to have a look at them :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow this is delicious! Love this, Helen! :)

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous work, Helen!

Marelize said...

Wow! Amazing layout Helen! I love the new Websters ranges. I have just done a few layouts using these gorgeous papers. :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This layout is beautiful and soooo cool! Love it! I have been playing with gelatos too. They are so versatile. You have totally rocked that kit. Every layout has been phenomenal!:)