Tuesday 30 July 2013

'Always Together' Layout - Scrapmatts - 7 Dots {My Favourite Page EVER!}





Hello to you!  I am very proud of this layout -
 finally I've achieved the look I've had in my mind's 
eye for a while now, of the way I want my layouts to be.  


I have this layout up at Scrapmatts HERE
it was one of our Design Team challenges for July - 
to "scraplift"one of our scrapbooking idols. 


I didn't follow the spec exactly because I don't like to copy any one person entirely - I have absolutely no desire to have my work look identical to someone elses & I have far too many scrapbookers whose work I admire for it to even be possible to choose!


I chose rather to be inspired by the mixed media scrapbooking genre of specifically the Eastern Europeans, who really have their scrap on at the moment!


I tried to acheive the look here by adding :-

1) layers without bulk 
2) grunge without mess
3)  controlled mixed media 
4)  white space  


These 4 factors epitomise the look of works by brilliant artists
 such as Kasia Krzyminska & many other Polish, Russian, 
Ukranian & Eastern European mixed-media scrapbookers. 


It is definitely the style of scrapbooking I like the look of the
most, and thankfully, also feel comes the most naturally to me.

Store Banner / Banner Shop

I'm entering this in the "How You Use" challenge over at 
Mixed Media Place HERE, where the challenge is "embossing".


I have used Prima stamps with white embossing powder & also
applied clear embossing powder over my stamped butterfly images.

Embossing is definitely making a come-back thanks to the welcome
return of technique-based scrapbooking (thanks to the Mixed Media trend).  

Supplies List for 'Always Together" Layout

Water colour paper - Daler Rowney
Coloured & patterned papers - 7 Dots Studio
Resist mist - Tsukineko Goosebumps
Mists - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Black mist - Maya Road
Stamps - Prima
Chalk inks - Ingvild Bolme
Inks, embossing powder & paperclips- Ranger
Bling - Prima
Thread, rafia, netting, plastic mesh, leaves, filmstrip - stash
Antique dots & clocks - PaperVine
Chipboard {words & triangles} Scrapmatts



34 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

has a REAL Grunge feel to it.. the clocks are a FANTASTIC touch, along with VERY thing else... TOTALLY Love it!! I think it's a WINNER!!

Helen Wallace said...

I love this style too Helen and share your admiration for the Eastern Euripean artists..sensational :)

Helen Wallace said...

I love this style too Helen and share your admiration for the Eastern Euripean artists..sensational :)

Judith said...

Looks great Helen. I find I'm getting my stamps and ink and embossing powder out a lot more now than I used to.

Unknown said...

I've just had a lil boy and after doing soo many girl layouts for my daughter I'm struggling, but this layout is perfect and what I inspire to do!

Heather Jacob said...

my new fave of yours Helen ... beyond stunning... love love love this x

Wilma Voermans said...

You did a great job on this layout and you took a big picture,what I dont see a lot , daring and beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this grungy, masculine page. I can see why it's a fave! Love it :)

xErin

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and those layers!!!

yyam said...

Love the rich and luscious feel to this layout. There are so many amazing textures and details. And your boys look so dashing here too. It must feel awesome to achieve the effect you see in your mind's eye...kudos! :)

Unknown said...

wow this are Such a lot of awesome creative work in this stunning page
love it

hugs carla

Tracee said...

Love the look you have created! Fab details on this page, I can see why its a fave Tx

Elaine coustley said...

Love your layers I always wondered about using "film strip".& your leaves .great layout. x

Patricia said...

Amazing texture work...well done on achieving your 'look' !!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, I think you've ticked your 4 boxes admirably:) And this style really looks lovely...& you're sooo right, the European scrappers really do have a gorgeous look happening right now:):) LOOOVE the brown tones, too!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, I think you've ticked your 4 boxes admirably:) And this style really looks lovely...& you're sooo right, the European scrappers really do have a gorgeous look happening right now:):) LOOOVE the brown tones, too!!!!

Jasmine S said...

Love love love. The colours are perfect for your pic, love the design, the layers all of the detail. Love.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Helen, this is absolutely stunning and I can see why it's a fave for you. Your depth of detail in your layers is just astounding!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is awesome, Helen, fantastic job!!

Mitralee said...

interesting, very interesting. I saw the image on my phone and came back to read the text. I caught right away that this is a departure from your norm! I do really really like it, but then again, I always like your work! ;-)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Wow! I am wiping the drool off my keyboard now!!!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow stunning page Helen, I can see why it is your favorite, just perfect! :)

sandi said...

This is awesome! Love the way the design colors go with the pic....stunning!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very artistic and beautiful Helen. I can see you have a designer's eye.

Denise van Deventer said...

Truly a page to be proud of! Simply stunning in every way! ;-)

Bellaidea said...

what a great page, I loove the look!

Sandie said...

Love the design of this layout Helen .. it is totally awesome and the words, and photograph!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Helen, you should stick to this style! Amazing design! Excellent work, my friend!! :)))

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning masculine/steampunk themed design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Eila Sandberg said...

Aaah YES this is a stunner, absolutely gorgeous!! totally with you re the Eastern European ladies, fab fab fab inspiration. This style is perfect for the new you, taking on the scrappy continents like bushfire! mwah!

Salla said...

Great work, Helen! I love the colour combo of cold grays and warm browns.... and the grungy yet simple look, and the misted background, and everything else that's already been mentioned!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Fantastic layout! Loving the color scheme, the design and (of course?) the mixed media!

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous, Helen. Love all the bits and bobs tucked behind and just the whole composition.

Tusia Lech said...

Helen - your layout is perfect! I love every single dot :) I have read what you wrote about European, esp. Eastern European scrapbookers and there is no other way than to agree with you :) I am lucky enough to live there and to know some of them personally :) But of course there are many absolutely wonderful scrapbookers around the world and each time, when I look at a project, like yours now, I am happy that I am a part of our global, scrapbooking community :) xxx