Tuesday 9 July 2013

'Happy Moments' Layout - Scrapmatts 'Budget' Challenge - Prima Rosarian Collection




Hi everyone!  My Scrapmatts layouts went live recently, over at the Scrapmatts blog HERE.  Scrapmatts have a Ning community which is a whole other "world" devoted to their beautiful chipboard.  See my actual post on their blog HERE for all links to actual products.


They have a gallery there, daily blog posts, a forum & an online store.  If you haven't registered yet you really should!  We have monthly challenges with prizes & a friendly design team.


I created this layout for the design team challenge this month which was to create a layout on a budget, using only one sheet of cardstock & 2 patterned papers.  We could use any mediums we likes so I used chalk inks through a stencil, & Liquid Pearls.


As I wasn't allowed to use any bought embellishments I was forced to dust off my - erhemmm...never used...hmmm....hmmm..My Favourite Things - Rose die & roll my own roses, which was rather hilarious (don't look too closely) but I will definitely be doing it again!


I used various Prima collections here, including Rosarian, one of theirs from 2012.  Lots of fussy-cutting, which I am always happy to do (call me crazy but I enjoy it!!)  I also used a Cheery Lynne die 'Olive Vine' for some of the leaves.


The swirls you see are actually the negative part of the rose die!  Waste not want not I say!!  I've used lots of Scrapmatts chipboard here - both glittered-up frames behind the photos plus the words & sentiments.  

Shop for your own Scrapmatts directly from their online store HERE.  
Thank you so much for dropping by!!


29 comments:

Tina said...

This is gorgeous Helen! Love the colors!

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful and of course I just adore those rolled roses which is just so perfect.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Gayle Price said...

Gorgeous page !! So bright and pretty and full of lovely, lovely layers. I really love the swirls from your left over roses bits and the liquid pearl "detailing". xx

Ava Gavloski said...

love the challenge and love your layout, very creative!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey Helen - this is so different from your usual style - what a challenge! I really love how used the rose cut outs...brill thinking & these colours just go perfectly with the photo....gorgeous layers, as always...liking the white space, too:):):)

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this layout is just STUNNING! LOVE the photo and LOVE all of the details you have added! LOVE your flowers and pearls and that frame and the words and just EVERYTHING!

Kerryn said...

This is gorgeous Helen! Love the layering.

Lizzyc said...

This is amazing, all the layers and all the dies you have used, and your roses are divine, love the colors too.. beautiful layout!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Clever you picking pps with lots of fussy-cutting opportunities I am sure...LOL! Seriously I love the striking colors and the picture :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the layered photos, the colors and the flowers!!!!

jannekevanveen said...

amazing lot of details love it greetings Janneke

Karen said...

I am stunned that you have managed to put so much on the page with so little supplies!
AMAZING!!!
Still laughing that she wanted a megaphone for her birthday! :)

Mitralee said...

one of my favorite pages of yours to date! you really made this page SHINE! I love the whole thing from rolled roses to the little black sayings tucked here and there!

Mitralee said...

oh and just being nosy! did you ever figure out WHY she wanted a megaphone or did she just want one...

Unknown said...

Such awesome layering, Helen!! So many incredible details- great design- love it all!!

xErin

Unknown said...

So Beautiful love the flower's:}

Irini said...

Helen....my jaw dropped when I saw this layout...I am in love with the gorgeous colours and layers wow what a feast!!!
hugz
irini

topkatnz said...

Wow Helen, so busy and colourful! Love the colours. Just beautiful:):)

Keren Tamir said...

This layout is Stunning!! wow!! you rock the bright colors and do them so beautifully!!

Unknown said...

Wow, Helen, this is an absolutely amazing layout!! I can't believe how creative you got with your limited supplies..I think your rolled roses look stunning, and the colors in this page are so unique!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful layout Helen! Such a sweet photo! Love all the little details!

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful page Helen...love all the fussy cut elements and your gorgeous blooms! Beautifully detailed and beautifully done! ;-)

sandi said...

Wow Helen this is just so gorgeous and the colors just 'pop' right out! Fabulous!

Svetlana Austin said...

Helen this is beyond stunning! never would consider this project as the one done for a budget challenge! your creativity is amazing!

Lynette Jacobs said...

That is a lot of fussy cutting and I love your rolled roses. Great layout.

yyam said...

So bright and vibrant. It looks expensive! lol. Great use of your supplies Helen! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Love all the layering on this one... so many gorgeous embellishments and a fabulous photo to boot!

Sandie said...

I love your hand-made roses .... they are not so bad at all... (I looked closely lol) and I think it is a fab idea now to have already made items. Gorgeous, bright, beautiful LO....

Eila Sandberg said...

Crikey Helen! this is LUSH, absolutely stunning! if you can create this while on budget, just think what you whip up with stash!! I really mean it, this is FAB!! hugs,