Sunday 7 July 2013

'Happy Birthday - 13' Layout - Mixed Media Colour Challenge 2 - Scrapmatts Chipboard





Hello :)  HAPPY Sunday!!  I have been creating like CRAZY to get all my DT work in on time - the last & first week of each month are my busiest times, so now I am taking a little breather & doing some fun things with my kids this week.  They are all on school holidays & my daughter is home from university so we have her boyfriend staying too, plus my other daughter's best friend. 6 children with us right now (LOTS of cooking and even more washing up!!)


My June blog post for Scrapmatts is up on their blog HERE -  I used the fab colour palette from Mona Pendlebury's new 'Mixed Media Challenge Site' HERE to create this page.


The rule is to combine at least 2 different types of mediums.  On my page I have stamped (using black archival ink from Ranger) misted with yellow & pink mists & used gesso & modelling paste with a mask too.  I also used glitter on my chipboard & lots of layers of recycled elements like mesh from vegetable packaging, as well as cheesecloth.

A Mixed Media Color Challenge

I hope you will check out & support Mona & her friend Sue Lelli in this fantastic new venture!


I have used various Scrapmatts chipboard pieces on my page, all of which are available directly through their site, online, & shipped anywhere in the world.  Please check out their site if you are interested in top quality chipboard at excellent prices, as well as a fabulous Ning community!


I used various trendy new elements on this page of my newly teenaged daughter - canvas stickers from American Crafts, enamel dots from Teresa Collins & printed chipboard elements from the fabulous new Basic Grey Collection - Knee Highs & Bow Ties {such a cute name!}


The pink lace is bought from my local haberdashery store, the numbers are fussy-cut from an off-cut of Prima 'Divine' Collection paper & the pale pink bling flourish is from Zva Creative.  The brick stamp comes from Prima too.


The die-cut doily hearts are from Martha Stewart {aaaaah...vellum....irresistible} 


Above you can see the masking with the modelling paste.  As it's white on white it is very subtle.  I have added a doily into my layers as well.


The little flower is Prima, the lovely flairs are from 'The Greatest View' in Australia & the camera, clock face, flag & wing all come from Scrapmatts.  I really had fun creating this page!  The challenge closes on Tuesday so you still have a little time to play.  
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today :)




30 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you on the busy time right now- looming deadlines and just SO much to get done!

I love this layout; a perfect take on that challenge. Great design and love all the stamping. Awesome :)

xErin

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice one, Helen...glittery letters are a fave of mine & the brickwork looks fabulous ... I don't know this challenge site...guess I'll have to add it to the list....it's great you've got a bit of 'me' scrappy time, too....& enjoy the kidlets whilst you can:):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

this is gorgeous!!!!! i loveeeeeeeee the colors, the brick background and the circles!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Absolutely luscious with all those soft colours and yummy textures...this looks like great fun. TFS

Keren Tamir said...

stunning Helen!! just uploaded a LO with the same colors for the challenge at 13 ARts. I guess those colors are the in thing!!

love this layout!! wow!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fabulous page, Helen! Hip design and accents for your new teen, and festive and joyful with all the happy color! Love this!

Wilma Voermans said...

LOVE this page!The colors are so well used!
You have nice package mesh where you live, here it is ugly and hard. But never the less , I use it for structure! And I like the fact more people use this kind off stuff. In daily life I see use in everything that comes in the house. Hording it in a cabin, oh my , it looks terrible inthere!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOWZA Helen! What a GORGEOUS layout! I love the beautiful background and all the layers! You have such an eye for detail! Thank you so much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Elena Olinevich said...

Oh my, this is so incredible. Every detail, every choice of the color. Love this one, such a great inspiration

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

6 kids at home and you are still creating+blogging! Helen, you are MY HEROINE!
Love your mixed-media take on the challenge. Heading over to check it out :)

Julia Aston said...

Wow! What wonderful 'stuff' you have on this beautiful page - each time I look I see something more! I'm in awe of how you put this all together and made it beautiful and not just a pile of thngs! I have so much to learn!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow that is a full house! :) Beautiful layout and your daughter is becoming such a beautiful young lady! :)

stampingbowd said...

Fun layout with so many fun embellishments!!! So pretty!

Kerryn said...

oooh I'm loving this one Helen! Gorgeous :).

Sandi Smith said...

Gorgeous Helen...love the colors and beautiful background!

Paper Cake Trail said...

Love this page. Especially all those layered embellishments. I really need to scrapbook more....

Gayle Price said...

Love this !! Love the colour vibrancy and all those wonderful layers. xx

alexandra s.m. said...

How gorgeous! and these soft tones just melt my heart!
Thank YOu Helen!

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this is just STUNNING! LOVE all of the details right down to that tiny wood camera! I could stare at this for hours! FAB layers, too! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous mixed media scrap page. Love the different elements. The colors look great.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning mix of mediums on this page. I love the subtle colours in the background and those beautiful brickwork. Enjoy your half dozen children this week and make them wash up.

Rachael Funnell said...

Another SENSATIONAL layout Helen... Love the brickwork around the edges.... Enjoy your time with the kids!!

Irini said...

Another fabulous layout I adore the background!
hugz
irini

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning page....so many gorgeous details! Love the chippies and the colouring! Fabulous!

sandi said...

Simply breathtakingly gorgeous Helen! Wow! Congrats on being one of the top winners!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! Love this, Helen! Gorgeous colors and textures and design! Congratulations on winning that challenge!

yyam said...

Oh wow. This looks fantastic. I love the sweet colours and all the little bits of texture. Sounds like my kind of challenge! :)

Sandie said...

Love everything about this, and the colours are divine!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

6 kids! holy schmoly Helen! I bet you savoured the QUIET moments between picking up and driving, perhaps with a latte in hand just soaking in heavenly blissful silence ;))
Fab fab fab through and through! the colours, the media work,the design. xoxox

jeanie g said...

Congratulations Helen I loved this LO as soon as I saw it. Just love this challenge too must make an effort to play along this month.