Thursday 18 July 2013

'Studying Chemistry' Layout' My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit July 2013 - Webster's Pages Plum Seed





Hihi!  Hope you are all well & enjoying your Summer vacations if you are on them!  We are all back to work this side but nonetheless my spirits are very high despite my recent computer troubles.  I witnessed a miracle yesterday & it has put me on top of cloud nine! God is so good!!


So back to my My Creative Scrapbook layouts - this is the 4th of 5.  I used my new mesh tape all over the background & am simply captivated by this stuff!


I added in a bit of cheesecloth too as I just love the texture it gives.


I rubbed some colour off the background with an eraser, to reveal the white core of the paper, before adhering the tape, then I ran an almost dry mauve inkpad over the top of my background to tone it down & grunge it up a little bit.


I snapped this photo of my eldest daughter during her Easter vacation from university, when she brought home a Chemistry book weighing a good 5kgs...and had to spend a bit of time studying!


Apart from my fussy-cut elements from the Webster's Pages Plum Seed papers, I've used Basic Grey Knee Highs & Bow ties printed chipboard & their flowers.


The butterflies are from Pink Paislee's latest collection, Cottage Farms & are the perfect mix of shabby beauty & textural grunge.


I tore & layered my papers.  
Tearing is one of those non-trends that just always looks right.


All the floral & foliage elements were cut from a single piece of patterned paper. Thanks for your visit today - 
I really appreciate you stopping by!



29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

So much beauty going here Helen. Oooh, Chemistry, now that is a difficult one, but it seems like she is doing it with a smile. Yes, I totally agree, miracles do happen.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Design Team said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

Loving the mesh background Helen! THis is gorgeous!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

The mesh background really looks FAB! Cool theme :) So glad to hear about your miracle.

Adri du Preez said...

Beautiful photo and layout and I love the mesh!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous!! Love the grid background! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous. I love the mesh background and all the texture.

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love this page!

FiKenward said...

Gorgeous page and detail Helen, now that is one happy looking student.

juscrap said...

Loving the background Helen! THis is gorgeous!xx

ALINE said...

Hi

I loved your page.... very beautiful!

Marjie Kemper said...

You have such a way with your photography! Love this shot of your girl. And OMG that "sigh" heart is fantastic!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love it Helen....I've just gotten some of that mesh too & it sure is FUN.....those butterflies are soooo yummy....really lovely LO.... A fave, for sure:):):)

Kerryn said...

You've created another beautiful page with this collection Helen.

Lizzy Hill said...

BTW...miracle??? Tell more!!!! We had one...we were going to have to put our doggie in a home for our hols...looked at them & came away quite distressed....1/2 jokingly said out loud ''God, we need your help'.... & literally 10 mins later a friend, who it never crossed my mind to ask, actually OFFERED...no, jumped at the chance to have him...so I sent a VERY thankful prayer off:):):)

Helen Wallace said...

A beautiful page for a beautiful student....love the basic Grey papers and that tape is great :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the butterflies and love loveeeeeeeee the fussy cutting!!!

Keren Tamir said...

gorgeous LO. love what you did with the mesh and the way you placed everything on the page. and miracle?? curious what it is??? I'm glad it gave you hope!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Oh my this is spectacular! Love everything about it! You are so brilliant with creating a mesh tape background. Love the look and texture!:)

Jasmine S said...

That texture and background are awesome. Fab work.
I loooove Chemistry. One of my fave subjects at Uni.

Giorgia Rossini said...

Helen, thanks For Your invite to sponsorize,please send me an email to talk about this Great oppirtunity,it Will be awesome and a Great pleasure :)
joyblonde at libero . It

yyam said...

Glad you are approaching life in a positive way. I feel like the more upbeat you are, good stuff just keep coming to you!

This layout is just beautiful. Amazing textures and colours! :)

Val-Belle said...

That tape is gorgeous Helen... Just love the look you get with it. Love this layout and the photo. Poor kid having to study during hols :( amazing layout.

Adriana B said...

love the cheesecloth background, looks fabulous :)

Svetlana Austin said...

LO the background you created here - looks so nice! and I love the rest of this LO - very pretty and very stylish with all the pretty details!
so what about sharing your miracle story? ;-)

Sandie said...

How beautiful is your work .... I am amazed each time I visit and just adore every single one!!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! The flow of flowers here looks stunning and the mix is just so pretty! Fabulous, fabulous!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super page Helen and great texture on the background! Love the detailing and a super photo of your daughter! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Congrats to your daughter for her studies ! And that's another beautiful page (they are all, but I really love this style of yours).