Monday 8 July 2013

Photobomber Layout - Flourish With a Bling {Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Collection}




Here's a full reveal of my 2nd blog post up at Flourish With a Bling, which went up 5 days ago HERE.  I had fun with this one! (just IN LOVE with my chevron mask from The Crafter’s Workshop).   I used a Jasmine Puffy Flourish in white, available HERE.  


 I went for a “white on white” look, which I am really loving at the moment.  I cut the flourish into 2 parts & used the smaller part on the other side of my photo.  This is a good trick to remember as it makes the flourish look a lot longer & bigger than it really is (as it looks like the photograph is placed on top of it).


I started this layout by choosing my grey cardstock, cutting it down & mounting it on another sheet so I had a solid border all around the edge.  This gives a nice finishing touch as it makes it look like the layout is framed.  


I also used part of a Chloe Flourish in Pearl, that I had left over from a previous project, you can buy that HERE.   More often than not I prefer to cut up my flourishes as that just makes them more versatile for me.  I also added some random ‘confetti style’  adhesive pearls available HERE


 Despite the pretty nature of the layout the story is actually quite funny so of course I had to add some journaling to remember the occasion!    My patterned papers & fussy-cut flowers come from the new Maggie Holmes Collection for Crate Paper.



Here you can see all 3 FWAB supplies in action!  Both flourishes & the loose pearls too – yum!!  I began the composition of this page by tearing the chevron paper roughly where I wanted my photograph to be framed, then inking up the edges in pink.  I’ve already scraplifted this page for another layout as I really liked how it turned out!


I got this FWAB idea from my friend Evgenia’s blog HERE as she did something similar recently (where she curled the edges of her page then put microbeads underneath).  I only had these seed beads so they’re a little bigger but I still ♥ the effect!  I curled my paper over a pencil then taped it in place (helps to have a double-sided paper with a pretty underside…)

Thanks for the visit - hope you are enjoying your July :)  Don't forget to swing by the fWAB blog, gallery & especially their online store too!!  Grab some FWAB & join us in our lovely inspirational challenge this month, where you could win a huge pack of even more FWABulous goodies!



24 comments:

Cathy Lane said...

Stunning Helen!! LOVE the chevrons!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the photo. Awesome textured stencilling. I love the chevron stencil...wish that I rather bought the 6x6 one though.

Tracey said...

Ha! I love it! Great photo and a stunning page!!

Unknown said...

OH how I love these colors together, very cool...the masking looks wonderful and the photo/title made me laugh!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous design. There is great movement in the design and I always love your handwritten journaling.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Elena Olinevich said...

this masking is so clever and unique, I love how you incorporated FWAB into your LO

juscrap said...

Ohhh my friend, I really love this mask! It was perfect!xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Helen! Such a fun photo! I love the stenciled background and pretty flowers!

Gayle Price said...

This is such a fantastic page !! I love the applied chevrons and how they work so beautifully with those on the paper. It is a pretty page but with an edge and such a great photo.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That photo just cracks me up!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! That chevron background ROCKS!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

How you've mimicked the pp with the chevron stencil design is really, Really CLEVER!!! I'm liking this one:):):)

Mitralee said...

REALLY loving this page and the white on white! Love the little flowers fussy cut tucked in here and there and of course I love the beads! Fun times here over on your blog! Hugs!

Karen said...

Oh wow Helen! This is just so beautiful!!
What I love the most is that even though you have used this photo with your son in it, the pinks are not out of place at all!! Sooo clever!

Sue Lelli said...

This LO is just EYE CANDY! Terrific tip on cutting the flourish to make it appear bigger! LOVE all of the chevrons and the micro beads! So much FAB stuff to look at!

Leonie said...

Oh gosh this is fantastic, fabulous photo bomb! And just gorgeous papers and mediums Helen! Love it.

Irini said...

Stunning Helen i adore the chevron background! just stunning
hugz
irini

Keren Tamir said...

Fabulous Helen!! simply fabulous! LOOOOOVe!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page and love the title! The puffy paint chevrons are so effective...gorgeous work Helen!

sandi said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the look of that stencil, love the beautiful mix and colors and I absolutely love that sweet pic! Wowzers!

Svetlana Austin said...

very stylish and cool page, Helen! beautiful colors and details!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cool page. Love the torn piece of paper and the chevron mask! The flowers look lovely against the gray background.

yyam said...

Really cool design. Love the rolled paper edge, the chevron design and the gorgeous colours!

Sandie said...

I had a chuckle here with the photo-bomber... I can imagine you would have lots like this... I know I do, mostly when the older kids were younger. Gorgeous LO, and the photo just makes it more special!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Chiming in loud with the other ladies; this is such a gorgeous layout! love the colours, love the masking and gotta love the photo he he! xoxoxo