Wednesday 31 July 2013

Lindy's Stamp Gang July Colour Challenge! A new Video Tutorial, & a couple of Publications in Scrap 365!!




I was so excited to see that Lindy's Stamp Gang is having a Design Team Call HERE that I decided to enter their latest colour challenge for July HERE as this was a requirement.

Color Challenge Header

I played along using the following Lindy's Stamp Gang products:-  

Starbursts mists in Azure Sea Asters
& Moon Shadow Mist in Smoky Sapphire.

Color Challenge July 2013 lindys stamp gang glimmer shimmer

Other products used:-

Goosebumps Resist Spray by Tsukeniko
Inks - Ingvile Bolme for Prima
Prima stamps, flowers & packaging
Petaloo Leaves
Maya Road Stick Pins
Scrapmatts Chipboard
Zva Creative Bling
PaperVine Metal & Antique Embellishments
7 Dots Papers & sentiments
Tim Holtz Paperclips
Threads, filmstrips, plastic &
wire mesh, burlap, twine, staples - stash





I made a video tutorial to accompany this layout & you can find it on my You Tube Channel HERE.  

Unfortunately it is still loading right now {and has been for the last 12 hours!}.  It takes a couple of days to load from here & I started yesterday but it got stuck at 1% overnight so I had to restart it again today. {We are on 22% now - yippee!!}

Anyways I am REALLY EXCITED for it to go up! 

 I know I have a long way to go as it's only my 2nd video tutorial but I got the hang of it this time & am working on improving my lighting & set up for future.  

I really enjoyed editing it & think it's okay for a video newbie :)

I've also been busy with some "secret squirrel" scrapbooking for Scrap 365 Magazine this week!  You can see my 2 new layouts in their next issue - October/November - coming up.  I also have a couple of layouts in their current issue too so look out for those in the issue below!!


So it's been a crazy-busy week as it's also time for Reveal 4 tomorrow at Scrap Around The World, my new challenge blog! 
{I correlated the votes & compiled the Winners' Post earlier this week} so it's all going on!! - Busy, busy but that's how I roll...

Thanks for popping in to take a peek & say HI! 



23 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love, love, love your new style, Helen! Absolutely ROCKING!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this so much!!! This is absolutely stunning, Helen! Wow!

yyam said...

Oh my! This is just gorgeous! I love the entire composition especially how you used the colours! :)

All the best for the call...you would be an awesome addition to the team!

Tina Connolly said...

Stunning layout Helen, it's got so much detail - GORGEOUS!

sandi said...

Oh Helen this is absolutely stunning! You have done such an amazing job with this challenge!

Ульяна и Полина said...

Великолепно!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

What an absolute stunning mixed media background. Gorgeous layout as per usual.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great colours in that challenge. You rocked them with your wonderful layout! Best of luck with the DT call. You would make a fab member of their DT.

Wow that is super slow uploading. Way to have patience and sticking with it. Looking forward to watching it.:)

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful page...love that background and super colouring! Beautiful textures too! Stunning, as always! ;-)

Bellaidea said...

Great page and great news:)

Val-Belle said...

So many challenges so little time. I think I will have to check out this one too. I love their product. I only have the mists but they are stunning. Love this layout and the colours that you used. Beautiful work Helen...

Denise Price said...

It was so cool to see your process, and I love how you get such a fabulous result using household objects like plastic bags and a toothbrush!

Lizzy Hill said...

Whoa! I can't keep up...so much going on...congrats on the 365.....LOOOOVE this LO & that photo is just superb.....I will look at your video...may not be for a wee while...mad house here trying to catch my tail....BTW, LOVED your filming studio LOL:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keren Tamir said...

This is just truly fantastic Helen. Wow I'm in awe. I haven't watched the video but I will when I'm near a computer

Paper Attic said...

Wow Helen, this lo is just incredible! love everything especially how you used those inks, so beautiful! good luck with the DT call! I'm off to watch your video....:)

dstandard said...

Fabulous layout! Your background is soo cool - love your use of the inks! Good luck with the DT call!

Sandie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen, I love how you used the Lindy's products ... (some of my very fav products) ...how you combined everything is stunning!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh WOW Helen!! This is absolutely one of your BEST art piece! Outstanding design, the colors are perfect, and that is one stunning photo!

Congratulations on your attempt to record a tutorial, will check that out ;)

Hope you are having some beautiful days over there. Enjoy Sunday!

Marelize said...

This is truly amazing Helen! The background work is just stunning and the colour combo totally rocks! LOVE!!!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome, Helen! Loving the grungy look you've got going!

Desire Fourie said...

Huge congrats on being published. You SO deserve it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Eila Sandberg said...

Superb video Helen! and your page is utterly gorgeous. The background is outta this world! Now I've got me toes crossed for ya too! xoxoxo

Marjie Kemper said...

Ooooh,,,,, this is one of my all-time faves of yours. Love everything about it! Off to pin...