Tuesday 18 August 2009

Scrappy Stash & Sticking it down some more!


I managed to find some Jenni Bowlin papers locally (online) so got VERY excited about that!

Also found some Bo Bunny that was quite cool & graphic...It's double sided & the one below the top one is the reverse-side (a nice take on tropical & good for last summer's pool pics!)

Then some good old American Crafts...just so sweet & happy! My 9 year old daughter (my baby) has grown out of pink & purple princess paper-type layouts so I thought this would be a good step up for her layouts...

Got some Thickers locally too! Priced pretty steeply I might add but was in totally dire need of some alphas...all outta "e's" and "a's"...you know how it goes with letter stickers!

Then found a few other fun products. Just love the tiny Making Memories alphas...always so useful...and got some Bazzill "Just the Edge" which I have been after forever {not the best colour but all they had...} and some DCWV jelly stickers priced at R50 on sale...not bad for all those! And they match my Cocoa Daisy kit papers from June perfectly. It takes about a month to get the kits so June is still only last month to me so still have a few left...

Am always a sucker for anything by My Mind's Eye & have always loved their little senitment cards (above)...then got these Scenic Route stickers for R9 a sheet {on sale}...that's less than ONE US dollar! I agree there are some pretty weird words there but for that price if I use hald the sheet it's still a good deal!

Had some fun making some layouts just for me for a change...have wanted to use the Pink Paislee bracket die-cut forever so finally did! Pretty sweet huh?! And note that I cut the outline out from my Love Elsie sticker sheet (the negative rather than the positive...double your money that way...){for the S & the I in Daisy}...& to think that I already had two cats, one called Cocoa & one called Daisy, before I even knew about Cocoa Daisy...that's gotta mean something???!!!

And here is the famous Mercy! I've actually done more layouts on her than Shane {better not overanalyse that one?!}

Loved this Penny Lane paper from My Mind's Eye but it was pretty challenging to use! A weird layout but I was trying to use up some old rub-ons & they were being very temperamental so I kept having to stick random things over the top of them LOL so it all became a bit too busy for my liking!

LOVE the one below but the family do not. But then again I'm never sure what to make of their opinions!

I was distressed to discover that NONE of my kids knew the song "Daisy, Daisy, tell me your answer do" {I'm so crazy all for the love of you...lalala...I could go on...} so had them all singing it by the end of this one ;-D

And here I managed to utilize some pretty random shots Chelsea had taken of the garden the other day...I realised they were quite significant in depicting the very little change that the seasons bring here...after seeing so many FALL layouts on display online I thought I would do my African spin thing on it LOL!

And this layout below is also one of my favourites...although again NOT a favourite of the household in general...It is very significant for me because a) It's completely true and b) It showcases one of my favourite songs of all time "Life for Rent" by Dido and c) Because I love that view & never cease to be captivated by it & never want to forget it.

So there you have it. A glimpse into what I have been up to this last fortnight or so...I've just noticed that the last 3 layouts are blue & remember saying recently that blue was one of the least used colours on my layouts. Just goes to show that sometimes it's just perfect for them though, which is why I'm never keen to pigeon-hole my style!



10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely layouts Helen. Enjoy your new yummy stash.
Hugs
Desire

tania said...

Ahh Helen, where did you get that lovely birdie paper, i can't find it here. .
Like the layout on MERCY:)
Enjoy!! Enjoy!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the new layouts and the new stash...Bo Bunny Calypso is so cool.

Diana said...

Your shopping adventures are definitely part of the process! As they are for me... I blog about them too.
Love love love how you are documenting and chronicling the everyday things.
And I love how you get such long titles on your pages!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Fab l/o's always wonder how you get it all done, great colours & enjoy them.

Ella Swan said...

Wow thanks everyone - always fun to get some feedback ;-D Tania got that paper online...will check for you & try to locate it...Basic Grey Urban Prairie Line (one of their best)Lynette am not usually a big Bo Bunny Fan but some of their stuff is very cool like this Calypso I agree! LS thanks for the compliment...after a few years you get sick of all the short titles like Love, Family, Traditions, etc & I love thinking up new titles! I'd never really thought about it but you're right...they ARE quite long LOL! Jenny I just keep at it & it's my only hobby so I kinda hone in on it - I feel an obligation to all my stash!!!

topkatnz said...

Fantastic stash there H! One can never have enough Thickers alphas .... and .... I have a few of those BoBunny calypso papers too! I would be distraught to realise none of my kids knew the 'daisy' song either!!LOL ..... but they probably don't!! Just read your above comment about 'feeling an obligation to your stash'!! that's soooo funny, because I often tell people just that too!!

Ella Swan said...

Tania have hunted high & low for you & no more Urban Prairie...sorry...have found a 6 x 6 mini paper pad of it at needful-things.co.za which would do for mini-albums, cards, etc but not really for layouts. Bernie I have checked the site I got the paper on (Jenni Bowlin, etc) & it is also sold out ;-( I have been online locally again today & there are some treasures to be found but it takes SOME looking & the sites are terribley slow to load - very annoying.

Andrea said...

gorgeous layouts and some stunning papers.
xxx
A

Michelle Ramsay said...

Enjoy your new stash and what stunning layouts you have done - well done. I love the "Daisy, daisy ..." one. I can just picture the children and you singing away!!!! ha ha ha