Friday 7 August 2009

Got any old signs or picture frames lying around?


Primarily I'm a layout girl. Not big into "altered art" - or so I thought...

Who knew I would enjoy decorating this as much as I actually did???!!! I rescued this old bar sign (yup - it once was...) from my dad-in-law's home pub (Years ago in Zimbabwe & have had it in my scrap room ever since...) & repurposed it as a Christmas 2009 gift for my aunt.

Let's hope she doesn't check my blog anytime soon LOL! She claims to not be very pc literate so here's hoping...How cool is the birdie??? - (Saturn Press Nightingale from none other than Cocoa Daisy again ;-D)

This really was simple. I covered the frame with a bazzill border punched out on the one side with my new Threading Water punch then "lined" the recessed inside with beautiful glitter print paper from Cocoa Daisy of course. Stuck down the photos & the title then covered the joins with pretties!

You likey?

Me Likey...


6 comments:

Bernadine said...

Me likey to........ You never stop inspiring me. You are amazing. Have a lovely weekend. :)

Jacqui said...

WOW!! As you know, I'm not into doing off the page projects, but these creations of your are truly gorgeous..... looking forward to receiving one for my next birthday (ha ha he he hint hint). well done

Shayne said...

Gorgeous Helen - you clever lady.

i'm just loving my threading water punch - cannot stop using it!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Me likey too!

Not big on altered art either...but you did a great job with this one...maybe I will try...

topkatnz said...

Well done - I have never been an 'off the page' girl either!

Ella Swan said...

LOL Bernie (took that expression from one of this year's Sassafrass lines...Me Likey!) SUCH a cool name ;-D Thanks Jax - who knows I might just make you one if you ever let me take a photo of you {wink}Shayne - the punch is so awesome - I am looking at everything with a view to scalloping it - the children are avoiding me in case they get scalloped hair-dos LOL! Lynette & Heidi - give it a go - it's actually lovely to be working with Tombo instead of DS tape for a change - one feels really arty! And it gets through the stash aswell as providing "free" Christmas gifts as opposed to fighting the crowds in the malls - I would WAY prefer to be at my scrappy desk than out there in the throngs...so worth considering ;-D