Wednesday 5 August 2009

Creating with Cocoa Daisy.

Cami is constantly bringing me little "love notes", doodles, poems & pictures so I decided to clear some space in my drawers & customize an old shoe -box for her "Love Letters".

I used K & Co. paper from one of my Cocoa Daisy kits & bamboo (pale green) bazzill to line the box.
I used K & Co. Cut 'n Paste Funky Stripe (scalloped with my new Threading Water punch) underneath the photo & around the top of the box base. I cut around the photo (I LOVE doing this!) & layered things up with Crate Paper glitter die-cuts, MME stickers, BG flowers, K & Co, butterfly, bling & fancy brads.

I lined the box then finished off the edges with ribbon, before adhering a Cocoa Daisy exclusive journalling spot to the centre of the inside lid (blinged up a bit of course!)


If anyone comes across my Treasure Box in years to come I have explained the contents here & the time frame.

A close up of the title using alphas from Creative Imaginations, American Crafts Roller Rink thickers & little ones from Carolee's Creations...


I layered up some chipboard covered flowers, fancy brads & glitter die-cuts for my main embellishment & gave everything a good inking in olive, pink, brown & lime before adhering.


I finished off the side of the lid with some old lace from my stash & American Crafts polka dot ribbon.


Of course Cami is absolutely delighted that I now have a "Special box" where she can deliver her mail too LOL!

7 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very, very special. I am so sorry I never kept all the little letters and notes from my children...it would have made awesome keepsakes to put on layouts as well.

topkatnz said...

Just gorgeous Helen. Mitch is always writing me notes too ..... maybe he needs a box - maybe more 'manly' tho!heehee

Vicki said...

What a lovely idea and no wonder Cami just loves it.

Jo said...

I am so inspired by this project, I have talk about doing something similar for years, and I think I will be doing just this, this long weekend. THANKS FOR SHARING and nudge and just being such a good mommy.

Michelle Ramsay said...

That is stunning and is a treasure of its own!

Ella Swan said...

Lynette I only really did it properly with my youngest - because I only started scrapping once she was born - so I have also missed a lot & it saddens me if I think about it, but we can only go from here...so glad you all enjoyed it & looking forward to seeing Mitch's box Heidi & Scott & Erin's Joanne - will keep checking for the photos {wink} ;-D

Cindy said...

what a great idea and it looks fantastic.