Wednesday 26 August 2009

Giving in to Temptation...{ & a bit about My Sister's Keeper}

The "Heat" review of My Sister's Keeper says " The Jodi Picoult cult hit finally made it to the big screen, but the movie is a lot more honest than that dreaded book"...well not having read the book I can't comment. I think it was a good movie but not a great one. I enjoyed Cameron Diaz's first performance as an older woman & thought she did a great job in a serious movie. The story line was actually very simple. Mother adores daughter & will do anything to save her...anything...but her love clouds her reasoning. That's it - quite normal. Sure we would all be the same.

Am more interested now in all the hype surrounding District 9, filmed in Joburg. Sounds like the perfect setting for a film about an inner city alien invasion. When I was there last I was shocked at how grey & dirty the high-rises were, not to mention all the broken windows & general collapse in the city centre. We got lost in Central Johannesburg - not fun - but I made the most of it & took some awesome photos of real slumdog urban living...




I've seen this around & about Blogland & tried to resist but you know how I love these things, so sorry to bore you but at least I can look back at this in the future & chuckle...


1. What’s the last thing you put in your mouth?

A sugar-snap.

2. Have you ever kissed anyone named Matthew?

Definitely not.

3. Who was the last person you rode in a car with under the age of 20?

My kids.

4. Can you play guitar hero?

I've never tried but would love to.

5. Last time you walked further than a block?

I've always wondered how far a block is...

6. How late did you stay up last night and why?

Late...We had a 2 hour powercut then I watched the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (set in Gaberone, Botswana, where I have family & have visited many times).

7. If you could move somewhere else, would you?

I'd close my accounts & pack up immediately.
8. Do you believe ex’s can be friends?

If necessary {ie:- for the sake of kids}

9. Do you like calling or texting better?

Texting. There are so many times that it's not convenient for me to speak, ie: when I'm with the kids or driving.

10. When was the last time you cried really hard?

Don't cry really hard.
11. Where are you at right now?

At the pc in the passage - a laptop is still on my wishlist.
12. What bed did you sleep in last night?

My own.

13. What was the last thing someone bought for you?

DH has just treated me to a whole USPS box full of Sassafrass Warehouse goodies!!! Love him!!!
14. Who took your profile picture?

Chelsea.
15. Who was the last person you took a picture of?

Jack - with his arm in plaster - he recently broke his hand.

16. Was yesterday better than today?

I enjoyed them both.

17. Can you live a day without TV?

I could live forever without it.

18. When was the last time you were extremely disappointed?

A few weeks ago.

19. Are you a bad influence?

No.

20. Night out or night in?

Prefer staying in but I can razzle on the right occassion!
21. Are you more of an individual or an outgoing person?

Can you repeat the question in English please???!!!

22. What items could you not go without during the day?

My car keys & cell-phone.

23. Would you share a drink with a stranger?

No.

24. Do you think it’s right for straight guys to get their tongue pierced?

As in, only gays do it???!!! I think it's fine for anyone to do it but why they would want to is beyond me...
25. Have you ever thrown shoes on a telephone wire?

Do people actually do that? Sounds like vandalism to me...what if the wire broke? And what about my shoe ???
26. What does the last message in your inbox say?

Hi Helen. Friday is good. See you then. D

27. How do you feel about your life right now?

Hmmm...how long did you say we have?

28. How many times have you been pulled over by the police?

Several - I drive too fast.

29. Do you hate anyone?

I wish I could...but no.
30. Did you have a Valentine this year?

DH is my Valentine every year.

31. Last person who phoned you and why?

My mother to tell me my sister is very ill in hospital.

32. Can you easily tell if someone is fake?

If we could conmen wouldn't exist..give me a while though & I'll crack you.
33. How’s your heart?

Honest.

34. Say you were given a drug test right now, Would you pass?

Yes. (Do you think many stoned people do this quiz??? Just wondering...}

35. What song is stuck in your head?

I gotta Feeling...Black Eyed Peas.
36. What do you have to do this week?

A lot.

37. Can you whistle?

Very well.

38. Do you sleep on your side, stomach, or back?

Side & back.

39. What gets in your way of your sleeping?

My mind.

40. Are your eyes the same colour as your mom’s or dad’s?

Neither. Makes you wonder huh???!!!
41. Do you think too much or too little?

Way too much. But I like it.
42. Do you smile a lot?

Plenty.

43. Why was the last missed call on your phone?

Because it was on silent as I was with a friend & prefer to give my company my undivided attention then return calls when I am alone.
44. Are you happy with your life?

Wow. That's quite a question. I love my life but I always want more.
45. Can you handle the truth?

Yes. It's lies I can't handle...
46. Do you get 8 hours of sleep everyday?

Hardly ever.
47. What was the last book you read?

Stacy Julian's "Photo Freedom."

48. Is there something you always wear?

Nothing in particular - {does underwear count?!}

49. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?

Sorting out my RAK.

50. Who was the last person to tell that they love you?

Reilly.

51. Are you an emotional person?

Who isn't?
52. What’s something that can always make you feel better?

Sleep.

53. Will this weekend be a good one?

How would I know - I can't predict the future?!

54. What do you want right now?

Get into a warm bed & read the Heat magazine.

55. Look behind you, what do you see?

Our bookshelf.

56. Have you ever worked in a food place?

Too long...it's called my kitchen!!! Seriously though, who didn't work as a waitress as a student...and who didn't hate it???!!!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Lucky you, getting a whole box of Sassafras! Sorry to hear about your sister, hope she's going to be okay.

Lynette Jacobs said...

The book is WAY better than the movie...I am a Jodi Picoult fan.

Unknown said...

HI,
I'm Lynette and Anita's sister.

I sw the title of your blog on Stefanie's page and was intrigued. Haven't seen the movie, but the book is excellent. Having a daughter with cystic fibrosis, I could relate to the mother's battle to keep her daughter alive and healthy for as long as possible and I spent a fair amount of time reading the book and crying. I agree that the mother went too far, but when you face loosing your child - one cannot predict how you might act in the same situation. If Stephanie needed new lungs - I'd give her one of mine. If her brother was the only suitable doner? Who knows how I'd feel in that situation?

I pray that I never have to reach a point where I have to face loosing either of my children.

Have a super rest of the week.

Herlien

Jacqui said...

You seem to have forgotten something you wear all the time - Jeans, nice chunky jewellery and bling shoes!

Michelle Ramsay said...

I still want to see that movie. I think I will have to put this up on my blog (at least it will be an update)!!!

Keep well

Ella Swan said...

Thanks Penny, yes the Sassafras was all his doing...how sweet is that? He just knew I was hankering after it...as for my sister, she has Cerebal Palsy. She has been in & out of hospital all year but was on the up we thought. I think this is her time to go. Her system seems to be shutting down. Her quality of life has never been great. Herlien & Lynette - you girls are truly a family of bloggers! Thanks for popping by Herlien...so sorry to hear about your daughter...my biggest fear is that any of my kids or dh for that matter, should get really ill...Lol Jax - you're right! Forgot about my standard dress code...Well done Michelle - see you have done the quiz today ;-D