Friday 28 August 2009

More of the same...


Still sticking with the same recipe here is no. 2 in my "Single Photo Scallop" range shall we call it LOL?! Some no-name brand glittered paper at the back & Bazzill vanilla scalloped circle cardstock laid over the top (If you are really adamant about saving you could cut the circle behind the cardstock out by tracing around a plate & using a craft knife but I was on a roll so didn't bother) The quality of the photo is not too good but I love how it depicts Camryn's daintiness so I really wanted to use it anyway. I had to zoom in a lot which explains the graininess. I layered FOUR strips of paper punched with my Fiskars Threading Water punch.

From top to bottom we have 1) Basic Grey Urban Prairie AGAIN 2) Bazzill swiss dot green 3) Making Memories Noteworthy spot (the reverse of the floral) 4) Red bazzill. The vertical strips are My Mind's Eye - Tres Jolie sticker strips (they have been available locally for YEARS - obviously whoever imported them seriously over-ordered!) & the shiny green strip at the side of & below the "2007" is from a set I bought at the Crazy (Dollar) store.

The glitter letter stickers are of course American Craft Thickers & the flowers are all Prima Basics reconfigured, with other little local extras, centres, etc & note that I have used the 3 *s from the Thickers set, as flower centres & to dot the "i" with. I have also taken to inking the edges of my flowers to tie in with my scheme if necessary - adds to their versatility. I don't feel the need to journal on these pages. I have plenty of journalling in my albums & these pages are just fillers using up left-over single photos that I still want to include.

I used to think it was "a waste" to create a layout for a single photo but for a while now I have become far more selective with the photos I actually TAKE in the first place, as so often they can be so similar, & when I upload them to my pc I try to edit them down further IMMEDIATELY in order to skim off the "less than best" photos again...so that the ones I actually scrap are now the ones I REALLY want. Or in a case like this, this was a stand alone photo depicting a physical characteristic, rather than an event. I love the freedom that comes with no longer HAVING to take enough photos to create a double layout crammed with photos. Not that I object to that type of layout IF I have the photos to justify it & if I can still create it in such a way that I still have some "white space".

Here in this close-up shot you can see a green spiky flower - that is actually a plastic part of some artificial flowers I was once given, that I saved when I eventually parted with the flowers (unfortunately they were too 3D to use on my layouts - otherwise you know I would have saved them LOL!) On top of it is a sheer flower that I was given at the 2007 convention, by one of the manufacturers but can't remember which one. You could recreate this effect by punching flower shapes out of vellum if you still have any of that awful stuff!

So there you have it - no. 2 of my many "Single Photo Scallop" layouts. A failsafe recipe really...

6 comments:

CD said...

this is SO pretty!!!

I just wanted to pop by and thank-you Helen for the Lovely note you left me today, it just really made my day!

Blessings,
CD

topkatnz said...

another great LO. yes, I really try and have less photos too - I haven't done a double LO in years?

tania said...

Beautiful Helen and the previous one stunning!!
Enjoy your day!!

Penny said...

It always amazes me how using the same "sketch" can result in such different looking pages! Lovely again

Michelle Ramsay said...

Very pretty page.

Ella Swan said...

Thank you everyone! And CD Muckosky visited my blog! Hi again CD!! How incredibly awesome is that?! And thank you all for your kind words. Will upload more tomorrow ;-D