Sunday 30 August 2009

Laid-back Weekend...

Poor Shane is exhausted. He has spent the weekend running around after the kids so I can take it a bit easier! I really am blessed to have found this one - he's a keeper!

This little girl is earning some extra money helping me sort out my scrap room. Here she is sorting cardboard that we save from cereal boxes, etc & cut into rectangles to use for mini-albums. Next week she is going to start compiling them with the help of my Fiskars threading water punch to mimic the Maya Road scalloped ones. You know I always make a plan...

Here I caught her air-drumming with my home-made Foamcore expanders...she was meant to be punching holes in them for me...you can see my single-hole punch on the carpet beside her.

For those of you who don't speak Afrikaans this T-shirt reads "Push off - I have enough friends already!" {so she tells me...let's hope it's true!} She stayed the night with one of her best friends last night - an Afrikaans girl - and came home wearing it. You know these kids & how they love swapping clothes - I was just the same. To think that just a few years ago she had NO friends here & felt like a fish out of water, and was unable to speak a word of Afrikaans, now she is soon to take it for matric! {end-of-school exams next year}

The other kids are not feeling photo-friendly today but these two couldn't care less...Cocoa is cuddled up in a ball on a chair in the corner of our dining room whilst Daisy is stretched out on Chelsea's bed. Funny how their sleeping styles are as different from each other as they are...

Hope you had a weekend as relaxed as this! ;-D


11 comments:

Shayne said...

Aren't husbands like that the best?

Mine too. Wouldn't swop him for the world.

Glad you had a chilled weekend.

tania said...

Cute t-shirt!! Yap, can't complain about mine either, helped me do some real springcleaning this weekend.

Stefanie said...

Looks like a great weekend.
Life with children is never boring but having a great husband by your side makes the journey enjoyable.

Monique Liedtke said...

Great t-shirt!! LOL!
Thanks for your advice about the site meter! I got one straight away!!
Thanks again!!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh, I just love the t/shirt!!!!!

Sandra said...

Yep, I'm very lucky to have a partner like that too. He also takes over during the week when he gets home from work. Yay him!

topkatnz said...

ah yes, laid-back weekends are definately the way to go!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So glad you had a relaxing weekend. I also have one of those "keepers"! Ain't we lucky?

Ella Swan said...

Poor man is under huge stress at work but tells me that he is still more than happy to run around for the kids all weekend as it takes his mind off it! I used to love busy weekends when we first got here & Gateway was such a novelty (never having seen so many shops in my life LOL) but now am more than happy to scrap & chill...

Jacqui said...

Glad you had a great relaxing weekend - ours was hectic! Hubby had to work both days (most unusual and only happens once a year), children had soccer on the other side of town, play practise, band practise and friends to sleep over! Thank Heavens for Monday (didn't think I'd ever hear myself say that).

Desire Fourie said...

I am glad to see that 'Afrikaans is bo' in an English household. You've got a daughter close to my heart.
Hugs
Desire