Tuesday 11 August 2009

Challenge Time at Cocoa Daisy

I scrapped this for a challenge over at Cocoa Daisy. We are still waiting for our August kits but at least it is giving me a chance to get through what I have already.


This was the layout set to inspire...(by one of their DT members...) and my take on it is below...



I'm not really an "orange" person when it comes to scrapping...but I have to say that I have enjoyed using all these papers, they can't help but inspire positivity. I used various papers & offcuts here...all from Cocoa Daisy. There are bits from Sassafrass Lass, Pebbles Inc & DCWV. It was quite tricky using such a large photo & not having the page come across as cluttered. The challenge I set myself was to use a print as the background & not a plain. I just love these Sassafrass Lass Papers with the decorative strip along the bottom & this yellow heart paper is ultra-cute.


Instead of the circle & the stitching along the top left side I cut out a flower from the Pebbles Inc. paper & layered a piece of scalloped cardstock (cut by moi!) & another strip cut using pinking shears, over the top of that.

The photo was just an impromptu one of my 2 youngest in the car on the way home from school but it captured so much life that I wanted to showcase it with something special. The title reads "These 2 - Not going anywhere Yet" which I thought was quitge apt as they are in the car (!) but it is really about being able to enjoy them for a few more years, until "the hormones kick in" LOL! Journalling reads "At 9 & 11 I still have a few more years to enjoy Reilly & Cami."

For something different I used my scallop punch but did not cut away the extra strip from the edge.


I am in love with the K & Co. butterflies & am nearing the end of the pack...dunno how I am going to live without them LOL! Letter stickers are also from the Cocoa Daisy kits, so you really do get everything you need, although I think it's always fun to mix in a bit of your own stash (like the yellow journalling sticker under "Not" (that's mine - old - can't remember which manufacturer).


And here is the flipside of the Pebbles Inc paper (which also has a lovely spotty decorative strip along the bottom) It looks busy but if you look back at the finished layout you'll see I didn't forget my visual triangle (see my blue accents) {wink}*****

8 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your take on the layout...and all the details in your layout is amazing.

tania said...

This looks STUNNING!!

Sandra said...

Looking great, Helen!

I just love the expression on your son's face in the photo too.

Andrea said...

love your interpretation - Orange is my absolutely fav colour.
xxx
A

Jacqui said...

I haven't got to use the orange lot yet and this lovely layout has certainly given me the kick in the butt that I need to get going with it.
Absolutely have to agree with you about the gorgeous butterflies - they are very special!

Jacqui said...

WOW!!!! I have just opened my latest CD kit and it has to be the absolutely best one so far!! Thank you so much for organising this for us Helen - this kit is fabulous - I can't wait to get going with some new creations.

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely layouts once again and so true to your personal style. Love all the details which you often only see at a second glance and is a sign of great design.
Hugs
Desire

Ella Swan said...

Wow thanks for all that love...yes Sandra Reilly's expression is classic isn't it???!!! So cute...am so enjoying the Cocoa Daisy kits. In real-life they are even better than what you see on the website because there are always a few speciality papers with foil, flocking, etc, so they really are very special ;-D