Monday 31 August 2009

Even MORE of the same...


Following on from my post last week Monday I am still busy editing & uploading my layouts from my recent scrapping frenzy. Along the very same theme I did ANOTHER layout of Cami using the same inspiration/ sketch. I layered a die-cut scallop sheet from Collage Press onto the red brick background then layered a piece of felt on top of it all & stitched around it. The felt is the inner section of a placemat I bought at "Home, etc." because it had an elaborate die-cut floral border around it. I cut off the border & set it to one side to cut up into floral embellishment vines, then hand-cut the remaining inner circle into a scallop/flower shape before stitching it to the layout.

I mixed up my manufacturers again & layered 3 different papers along the bottom strip. Making Memories Noteworthy Floral - both the floral side & the spotted side, and Cosmo Cricket {Dutch Girl I think}, I also added a sticker strip from the My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie collection. On either side of the pink felt scallop I had to put foamcore underneath the strip I created with the printed papers, because the felt is quite thick, therefore anything on top of it that extends beyond it needs to be layered up. I also put some little foam squares under the top half of the butterfly wings.

I used up some older Thickers & used "3"s for the 2 "E's" required. The flower & butterfly stickers are from a Basic Grey Urban Prairie sticker sheet & I added a bling centre to the main flower & some smaller ones down the centre of the butterfly. The pinky journaling spot is from my stash & the tiny letters spelling Camryn are Making Memories Tiny Alphas & always come in really handy. I inked the bottom scallop with dark brown just to help it stand out a bit more & used a strip from in between 2 scallop strip stickers down the left-hand side of the photo. I have kept the whole backing sheet so that I can use the negative strips (from the backing sheet) now that all the positive strips (the actual stickers) are finished.

So Cami is very chuffed that it has all been about her for the minute. But don't despair...there is no favouritism in this house & I have since done layouts about the other 3 kiddies too...

This next one is following the same recipe & of Chelsea. I printed the photo in Sepia for a change & used more of the Basic Grey Urban Prairie stickers, a K & Co. die-cut butterfly & some Prima basics flowers & sugar-coated brads. Letters are felt Thickers & crochet ribbon is Making Memories. I also handcut a scallop-strip from Making Memories Travel Collection from last year & inked it before adhering.

Chelsea loves brown & beige & is really anti pink & purple right now so she likes this layout a lot. The scallop bazzill is about double the price of the regular bazzill & initially I balked at that but at the end of the day it's AS nice, if not NICER than a print & saves me half an hour making a template & cutting it myself, so now that I have come to terms with buying it I am loving it!

I journaled by hand using my white milky pen. The trick is to be confident so that your handwriting is flowing with no shakes! Write out what you have to say on paper with a pencil then copy CAREFULLY...any mistake can be fixed at the end of the day but prevention is better than cure!

I layered up the BG Urban Prairie stickers here & like the effect a lot ;-D Also loved how the fuschia pink flowers "pop" so dramatically against the neutral background.

I added a strip of preglued pink bling to the centre of my butterfly {cell-phone bling bought at Everlasting in Pine Street - approx R20 for a 5 x 8cm solid square that can be cut carefully using your tiniest scissors}

This weekend I managed another 3 layouts so the good news is I have plenty of blog fodder for the next couple of weeks. Keep checking for more ;-D



9 comments:

topkatnz said...

great layoutss there - love the one of Chelsea esp. gosh she looks like you in that pic!

Vicki said...

Whoo hoo you are scrapping up a storm - I love all the shaped papers too at the mo.

Sandra said...

I esp. love the one with Chelsea in it. Am partial to rich browns in LOs, esp. when teamed with light blue.

Gosh, looking at recent photos then seeing this one from two years ago, Chelsea was matured a lot in a short time.

tania said...

You know, you just made me think again, writing about chelsea growing up, that makes me REALLY scared seeing them grow so quick! Lovely lo's.
Ha ha, just last week I bought some of those blingies at a Plastic Supplier, they were on the counter and I thought I could use them, now u see!!

Shayne said...

Lovely LO's Helen.

Love the layering and flowers and the scallops.

Gorgeous.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh wow, what stunning layouts. Will have to visit "Everlasting"

Diana said...

You sure have been busy! Wow! I had like ten posts to catch up on. Just getting back into circulation, yes there are babies in the house now, which means I will be online very sporadically, and who knows when I'll actually do a layout. Separate from the time needed to do it, I'll also need a clear head and I have major baby brain right now.
Love all the posts, and layouts and everything. Your mood is so effusive. It's great!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love all the layering on your pages...beautiful Helen.

Ella Swan said...

LOL Heidi - think she looks like me because she had a fat face there! Yes Sandra Chelsea has really metamorphasized in the last year & a half. In six months she dropped from a size 12 to a size 6 & sprouted up taller than me and BANG my little girl had gone ;-( Yes Tania we have to make a plan here in SA with our scrappy stash - to stretch those rands...I already need a trip back to Everlasting for more bling!! The cellphone stuff works PERFECTLY & often I buy the Indian body art ones too...they also work a treat! Thanks for the love ;-D