Above is a close up of the chipboard scroll I used, which I cut in 'half' very easily and placed both papers RIGHT NEXT DOOR to one another before marking with a pencil and then cutting with the aid of a metal ruler and my favourite Making Memories craft knife.
I usually flip my backing-papers over before I begin, then line them up perfectly and stick a strip of masking-tape (very easy to remove) down the centre to join the pages, then scrap the whole layout and only split everything down the centre at the very end. PERFECT for ensuring that everything lines up just right, but REMEMBER TO LOOK FOR THE JOIN LINE when positioning your elements, so you don't split a photo in an inappropriate place, or disjoint your journalling in a weird place and make it difficult to read.
I placed the chipboard scrolls in the positions I wanted them in then FLIPPED THEM OVER and glued them directly onto the back of the floral print - using Tombo,my favourite glue, which can be used very sparingly.
I cut out the scrolls with the craft knife then carefully sanded the edges with an emery board, great for all those curved edges. This revealed the white core of the paper which helped the scrolls to STAND OUT more and be more STRIKING. I then cut out a selection of flowers from the same paper and stuck FOAMCORE behind to BUMP THEM UP, then used double-sided tape on the other side of the foamcore to stick the flowers to the layout. I added dimension first by inking them quite heavily with a blush pink inkpad then used a chestnut roan one for the edges.
I chose the best photo of the shoot & enlarged to a5 size,then cut it down to more of a square shape. I double-mounted the main photo only, with white bazzill (the new variety with raised dots) then bright pink Colourmates as the photo was quite dark and the white edge really lifted it. I corner-rounded the main photo and angled photo only, for a bit of variety & interest & added a little 'scalloped-tab' to the side of the angled photo, which I first cut down to a distinct rectangle.
A close up of the journalling spot, from My Mind's Eye. I scrunched it up then inked it with a Making Memories Blush Pink ink pad, which settled on the folds, before flattening it out and edging the scallops with Chestnut Roan inking. I then matted the whole 'spot' onto an offcut of pink floral My Mind's Eye paper before 'foamcoring' it to the layout for added dimension. I have no problem with hand-journalling and used a brown Staedtler fineliner pen.