Saturday 8 November 2008

It's my Blog's One month Birthday!

Here is a little something I've been working on...

Inspired by the sugar-sweet layouts of Shimelle Laine I wanted to create something delicious...
I chose a cornflower blue bazzill for my backing card-stock and a lime-green spot to contrast with it, aswell as a few other bits & bobs on the paper-front. You'll see an offcut of scallop along the top that comes froma Making Memories scallop paper print and a floral My Mind's Eye self-adhesive paper ribbon strip. I cut the flowers from an offcut of Fontwerks paper left over from the 2008 Johannesburg Scrapbooking Convention and added some sequins and organza threaded buttons to embellish. Mmm, nyum!



I journalled on a piece of pale pink lined writing paper and cut a strip of 'tape-measure paper' that came as part of my Scrapkits October kit, aswell as the heart template used. It seemed the obvious choice to place the only portrait photo I had on the left-hand side as the focal photo & butt the other 3 up against it & each other...can't get easier than that! I also think this 'seamlessness' keeps the whole layout nice and light, giving it a very 'clean-cut', unfussy look...one that I seem to be going for rather a lot at the moment!



The white 'Loop-de-loop' stickers by Doodle bug are also courtesy of Scrapkits October kit & have been used on a number of my layouts already as they have lotsa vowels...nice! This really is a simple and self-explanatory layout that I enjoyed putting together with ease. I'm enjoying sequins at the moment too & need to get to a haberdashery store to add to my stash. The Scrapbook stores around here don't seem to have caught onto this trend yet. It's a nice, fresh alternative to Bling & cheaper and more subtle too...

Here's a close up of the left-hand side of the layout now, with the paper tape-measure & a coupla cute gingham strips cut from the same paper. I've been looking out for these types of papers a lot lately - versatile ones that can be used to add a 'touch' here & there or can be cut out of to use as embellishments, what with the Rand sliding & the costs of embellishments rising...


Threading the buttons with the organza ribbon was SO easy I did it BY HAND. No digging around in my tote for a needle...PERFECT!

Once you've read the journalling scroll back to the top quickly & take a quick look at the completed layout. Note how the 'always' in the title also ties in with the journalling as the last word...thought that was quite clever of me! Couldn't believe I STILL had letters so thought I'd use them just BECAUSE I COULD!!!

A (strangely yellow?!) close up of the detail above the heart (which, by the way, I 'foamcored')ie:- I traced around it onto foamcore - 3D board - then cut the foamcore - slightly smaller, mind - and adhered the heart to the foamcore, then the foamcore to the layout. Oh, as you can see I backed the heart onto a nice mini lime-green spotted card. Cute huh?!

Note the blush pink inking around the entire layout. Sometimes I do this just to kinda 'frame' the whole layout. So there you have it, sweet and simple. No need for too much fuss when you have such lovely photos.
Happy Birthday Scrap Addict Blog! I can't believe I've been at this for a month already...actually, thinking about it, it feels like FOREVER! It's been long & hard for me & I still have SO FAR TO GO! I hope I can keep going. I KNOW I can keep going! I'll be going from strength to strength so WATCH THIS SPACE...

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Hi there, saw you following my BLOG, so I came by to see yours. Great work, loving your LOs...keep it up!