Monday 3 November 2008

I've just installed a Visitor's map and a Hit Counter!

Laugh all you like all you experienced bloggers but for me it's a bit deal.! I am SO thick when it comes to flippin' HTML and the like...you don't even want to know what I was doing wrong...for weeks now I have been trying to install these 2 very simple 'gadgets' and now that I have done it I can contest to how simple it is - WHEN YOU KNOW HOW - which I DID NOT...

For anyone as computer challenged as me let ME let YOU in on some tricks that I have learnt from my whole 3 weeks experience!!! Blogger Help is great. If you log in you can read up on problems you are facing or watch video tutorials. Another idea is to PRINT OUT installation instructions when you are on the relevant web-page of the site that has the 'gadget' you want to install.

I have started a flat file called "Blog Set-Up" - a REAL one - ie:- one you buy from a stationery shop not one within my computer! - and physically print out the installation instructions and file the pages, that way, if I want to start another blog or alter my existing 'gadgets' I know where to go. For me this is easier than having goodness knows how many windows open at the same time and forever maximizing and minimizing them like a yo-yo during set-up proceedings! So, even if you chuck the paper out once you are done it's still best to PRINT THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS to look at/read from during the ACTUAL procedure (one less 'window' to open and close).

So I am feeling very pleased with myself and am off into "My pictures" now, where I have some serious file sorting to tackle...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the counter - it really looks cool. However, can't read the PINK too easily though - is it just my eyes or are others having the same problem? See ya, J

Anonymous said...

Well now, I think i've just figured out this commeweird huh, Jnts thing. I can only seem to get it through to you from an anonymous profile!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from a tag link on Stacy Julian... hhehe. Nice to find another SA girl on the blog. Come on over for a chat. whatsupwithcathy.blogspot.com