Thursday 9 October 2008

A bit of history...

This is just a little speel to fill you in on how I got here from there...

I have been scrapping since 2003. I came upon it quite by accident via my daughter, who went to a holiday workshop with a friend and came back with something interesting...

I still remember the RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD when I first laid eyes on that layout...it was love at first sight. Instantly I knew this was going to be A BIG AFFAIR. I started lessons almost immediately but other commitments kept me from persuing my passion in full until later...

Roll on 2006 and I was ready to make up for lost time. I found a local workshop close by and immersed myself in photos, memories and PAPER...my favourite! Day after day was spent correlating and compiling, mixing and matching, learning and experimenting with the added bonus of meeting a few good people along the way. By the end of 2007 I was gaining momentum but needing my own space and fate would have it that I found it...

February 2008-my own scraproom at last...no-one else's agenda to take into consideration and a (small!) room to finally organise my supplies in...BLISS. Aircon was one of my first installments-expensive but not optional in the tropics. Cheap plastic drawers, a lot of them side-by-side and a coupla old tables/desks and I was nearly there. While I wish for a custom made studio what I have now is sufficient and such a treat after all these years.

No comments: