Friday 31 October 2008

My favourite part of blogging...

Here is a photograph of Chelsea looking very much like her real self! Truly, not all photos can catch that...I love 'beheading' my subjects in this way-I think close-up shots have a great way of intensifying the image.

Is when I just get to ramble on without having to worry about trying to learn yet another technique or trick, or, absolutely worst of all, trying to import some weird and wonderful "gadget" that always seems to have an error at the last minute! I SO know what I WANT my blog to look like. Go to Sophia's or Wilna's and you'll get the idea...I suppose some of these peeps have had their blogs up and running for years but I know I have a long, long way to go yet! I never knew it would be this hard or I may not have ever done it! It is typically me. Any hobby of mine never turns out to be easy, take scrapping for example...my Goodness, when I look at my scrap room I wonder where on earth all the stuff came from and why I need so much of it. The thought of opening a Scrapbooking shop makes me break out into a sweat (just thinking of the stock-taking...)

Well I have been noteably absent this week. Not absent from life, mind, I have been up to A LOT! Monday is usually shopping day and this week I had to do my grocery shop in 3 separate, half hour instalments, as I missed my opportunity in the morning, so had to try and fit it in between kid's extra murals...The morning was taken up with my IT man, Anton, trying to sort out some problems on my computer (we managed!) and on my blog (we failed!). I am desperately trying to import a clustr.map and a hit counter and both of these are refusing to arrive!! I felt better (and worse!) that Anton couldn't do it either, as I have an inferiority complex about the computer and always think it must be my fault for being so illiterate...

Anyway, the good news is...I'm not giving up! I'm taking it one step at a time (and quite a few back at times!) and have e mailed the clustr.map team who have already come back to me with some positive feedback and will be trying again in a coupla days, once my original attempts have been reversed on their system. Hopefully this time I will be successful (I will certainly be very careful!) as I think it was my fault for adding a www. to the beginning of my address. Why I do not know! Will then work on the 'very easy' (ha ha) hit counter that is so not-easy...then I will hopefully, bit-by-bit, import interesting bits and pieces onto my blog until it looks BEAUTIFUL...how long all this will take I don't know! Not too long I hope...

Monday evening was admin time and I successfully sorted and filed all my scrapbook related correspondence (a whole folder for Online Shopping I might add...)and caught up with all my e mailing, etc. Wanted to blog but left it too late and my PC is in my daughter's bedroom and she was asleep, poor thing...

No comments: