Wednesday 22 October 2008

When Negativity hangs over you like a cloud...




There is not much you can do about it at the time. While I was 'away' from my blog I had one of these times & it was quite protracted. If there is no way to change the situation and you know it is only temporary then just 'go with the flow' and accept that it will be practically impossible for you to have any creative thoughts at this time, let alone action anything../

For me, I have to be completely 'well' to perform at my optimum creative level so, if I'm snowed under at times with 'other stuff' I just 'let it go' for a while because I know I'll be up against a brick wall if I try and force it, and it's not supposed to be that way. Just relax, it'll be back, the minute you're mind is 'free' from that negative distraction recovery will begin. It may take a while for you to get back to 'firing on all cylinders' but don't worry, just start small and build up again. For me, I usually begin with the camera. I just love taking photos and capturing moments, there are few things in this world as satisfying.

Developing is even more fun, whether it be on my PC or at my local Photo Processing Store. The Kodak Image Box is very simple to operate. Assistants are not much help, they just want you to select ALL, choose JUMBO and go for GLOSS!!! A.L.L. W.R.O.N.G!!! Take control of that machine yourself, just like you did when you first got your PC or cell phone, or camera for that matter, and work it out, it's not brain surgery. You'll have a few infuriating 'fluffs' along the way, when you press the wrong button and all your hard editing work gets deleted. It's happened to me more than once and it IS disheartening but I'm always back the next day and it seems to take me at least an hour to edit about 50 prints on average, at one time. Just by trial and error and clicking on all your options, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve, WITHOUT Photo Shop!

My photos are always vastly improved this way and collecting them is most heartening indeed. A bulging manilla envelope is usually a sure-fire way to get those creative juices flowing. There you go-you are back in business!

No comments: