Monday 14 November 2011

Spring Cleaning & some new Decor touches!


As it's Spring here for me in the Southern Hemisphere, 
and I've been giving the house a bit of a "Spring Clean" 
I've added a few little touches, as one does every so often 
when one gets a bee in one's bonnet about "the house!"
I paid my gardener, who is also a very skilled 
wire-work craftsman, to make this sign for above
our front door.  It is threaded with indigenous 
South African seeds.  Cute, no?!


 I found this Welcome sign at the local nursery, 
and it was really cheap!  I just love it!!



And lastly, I got this red felt die-cut runner 
from a local decor chain, to add a "festive feel" 
to our dining room this Christmas!  So what do you think?!

 We spent our first 5 years here "homeless"
{letting a home as opposed to owning our own}
so it's really fun for me to be able to add my own
individual touch to our own home here at last!





20 comments:

Shayne said...

Gorgeous Helen - love the best nest!

And that runner is v cute too - may just have to get one for myself.

x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful decor!! I really loveeeeeeee the wire hanging! :):):):):):):):):):):)

brigitte said...

very nice, really like the best nest!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awesome wire word art...and I also adore that runner. Where did you get it please?

tania said...

beautiful doings around your house helen!!xx

Unknown said...

wow beautiful deco !!!

hugs carla

Alison said...

Loving the runner!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

OMG such special details to enrich your lives, love, love , love the door sign with the seeds!!!

Svjetlana said...

Love these, the seeded sign the most!

Keshet said...

Love the new additions!

Mitralee said...

It is the little things in life that make you happy! I love those rock that are peaking over that red runner!

Marilyn said...

Hi my friend!!! lovely decor for your home!! I need to give a spring clean, too! In the corner, it's Christmas, Yess! I love the Christmas lights and all the decorations. I'm making some embellishments for the tree and the house. I really enjoy it! I took the day off, I've been very busy making some dresses for a wedding, you're right this is a high season for me(work) Well I'm going to see your others entries.
Hugs!!

yyam said...

These are fabulous additions to make a home cosy! :) Have fun!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is fun to peek into someone house, lovely home decor items!

Hayley said...

Love the wire sign!

Love seeing peoples decor stuff!

Eila Sandberg said...

Absolutely lovely touches Helen! clever gardener you've got too. Could do with sweeping out some cob web and changing stuff at our house too. Haven't decided if we dare put up the tree this year, might end up with a crash as they love climbing and jumping ... xoxoxo

Stefanie said...

Beautiful! I need to walk through Mr Price and @ Home again, I have heard that they have some really great goodies.

Stefanie said...

Why the comment moderation? email me?

Diana said...

Not sure why but I'm not seeing any images and the last comment I tried to post got rejected!
Wish I could see these lovely things you're describing... .

Kerryn said...

It is always fun to make your home your HOME. LOVE the wire/bead work.