Thursday 10 November 2011

3 Scrappy Boys - My Weekly Blog Post {adding some "Christmas" ***Sparkle*** to your Layouts}





***My apologies for "messing you around" yesterday with
various postings going LIVE (perhaps being caught in your Google
Readers) and then disappearing again, I was having a problem with
my pre-scheduling & everything was publishing simultaneously!!

Oh the joys of Blogger hey girls?!? - anyway...here is
my little"offering" for you today.  Sorry I can't post any
new layouts right now - I have done 3 this week but none
of them have gone live yet so they are still under wraps!
Will bring you some sneaks over the weekend :)***

-----------------------------------------------------

So with this new gig of mine over at 3 Scrappy Boys
part of my DT responsibility includes "coming up with" 
a weekly blog post.  

We are given "carte blanche" to blog about anything we
like but obviously if I can help highlight products for 
sale in their store I reckon that's always going to 
be a good topic!  

It's also quite fun going through my layouts & grouping 
similar layouts together that all use a certain product so 
this week I decided to talk about 
{my long-standing love affair with} 
BLING!!! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all scrapbookers like the idea of "blinging up"their pages,
but with Christmas just around the corner & lots of festive
layouts to think about I thought I would show you
some subtle & sophisticated ways to use some 
{{{{Sparkly Products}}} on your pages :)


Can you see that I've added a big bling rhinestone
to the centre of the chipboard flower at the top left?
You can buy similar rhinestones in the store here 
so that you can create the very same effect!! 
If you look here at the chipboard in the store you'll 
see that there are some lovely Jenni Bowlin Banners 
& Maya Road pieces {especially the "so tweet" 
birdhouses} that would work perfectly with this idea :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Another way of adding bling without your page looking 
OTT is to use a beautiful flower with a bling centre 
like I have done.  Mine is from Lily Bee but there 
are some absolutely gorgeous ones available in the 
3 Scrappy Boys store here for example the Maya Road 
Vintage Lace booms {{{swoon}}}
I had to order an extra pack of those for myself...
And the Maya Road ornate botanical blooms are most 
definitely next on my hit list!
So think about adding a bit of festive sparkle to 
your pages now that the silly season is here,and,
if you do, remember to upload your layout into the 
gallery so that I can come & take a peek!

------------------------------------------------------------

And to inspire you further I've included a few more
examples on how to work that bling!  Enjoy!!




Hope you are all having a wonderful week :)
Helen

 ---------------------------------------------------------
 




14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Helen! Love all your tips on how to add bling. Sometimes I do get scared whether to add it or not...next time I should just go for it! :))xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Rockin' post! Love the way you have used bling - right up my alley! :D

Love all your layouts, especially the apple one! :D

xo

Unknown said...

Hi Helen,

Love your new projects!! Your daughter is truly gorgeous!!! All your kids are!

Always enjoy coming here. You are so organized, no matter how painful blogger can be sometimes.

Thanks for the support my friend! I truly appreciate it.

Take care,
Marivic
http://apaperspurpose.typepad.com/

Leonie said...

Love these layouts Helen, all new to me :) some great tips on bling. Love the Amber title separated by bling!
Fabulous designs in all them and such gorgeous papers. have a great weekend :)

sandi said...

Great post for blings! These lo's are just absolutely gorgeous Helen! Soooooooooooo talented, that's what you are! Can't wait to see your creations over the weekend!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You sure know how to bling up a layout...fantastic work my friend.

Eila Sandberg said...

Bling it on darling! I loooove bling too, nothing is like some elegant touches of sparkle on a page and I'm not talking Christmas tree! the first one is really such a classy page, very elegant with the muted greys and black. The other ones I've drooled over too! Hope you've had time for a non-scrappy breather this weekend, kisses and hugs

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! MY! how did I miss SO many posts of yours?????
ANYWAYS!!!
Better late than Never hey!!!!
YEP! Bling on a any Creations is always a Gr8 touch.... Just Saying!!
These look AMAZING As always Helen...
YOU are Such a BIG INSPIRATION to ME....
So Thanks!!♥♥
♥♥

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply wonderful, different color scheme, different feel, you are just so versatile and creative!!!

Pearl said...

Loving them all here !Definitely will be back to look at them for inspo again when I do a layout soon ! ;)

Unknown said...

wow what wonderful posting so beautiful all creative details!!

hugs carla

Bente Fagerberg said...

I really enjoy your posts where you group together layouts that have a similar trait. That is such a cool idea, and that way you have lots of material for wonderful posts on both your own blog and for your DT assignments.I for sure will be using a lot of bling from now till Christmas. I have been using glitter glue lately and that's so easy to use.Take care!!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, love seeing your pages, such glorious work Helen!!!

Kerryn said...

A girl can never have too much bling hey? Fabulous stuff Helen!