Wednesday 9 November 2011

3 Scrappy Boys November Kits & my first Blog Post {How to use Doilies on your Layouts}

I started my work as Design Team member at 
3 Scrappy Boys this month and have been having 
a blast in the forums here!  Come & join us if you 
want a fun & friendly community to scrap with.

I will be receiving December's full kit to work 
with and I CANNOT WAIT!

November's Kits are gorgeous - here they are!  
Head on down to 3 Scrappy Boys Online Shop &
take a look around at these and MORE for sale NOW!




























Every month 3 Scrappy Boys has 3 kits on offer, 
the Main, the Add-on & the Trio, so there is plenty 
to choose from, PLUS this month there is a December 
Daily album kit on offer too {pictured above}.

------------------------------------------------------

Every Wednesday I will be blogging over at  
My first post went up this week so I am 
sharing it here with you but you can also
view it on the blog here.
  
Using Doilies on your Layouts



Hi there everyone!
It's Helen here with my first post and today I'm 
going to be giving you some ideas on how to
incorporate doilies onto your layouts. For now let me
show you a few of my own layouts where I have 
used various different types of doilies.
Did you know that you 3 Scrappy Boys has various 
different types of doilies available for sale? Oh yes!  
Just check out the EMBELLISHMENT section
under MISCELLANEOUS 
(or just click on the links I have provided)
and you will see that you can buy  
(exactly like the ones used in my WISH layout above),  
so you are able to recreate the look of any 
of the above pages with ease!
There are also plenty of MISTS to choose from in 
the shop here so that you can recolor the crochet doilies
to suit your project.So why not give doilies a try?  
If you do please be sure to upload your page into 
the 3 Scrappy Boys gallery so that I can take a look!



 

17 comments:

Shayne said...

Beautiful LO's Helen - such varied ways to use doilies - you are definately an inspiration!

Those kits look divine too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those look like amazing kits!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee the way you showed to use doilies! You always inspire me! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Stefanie said...

Wow, so much awesome all in one blog post.
I esp love the first 2, I think I need to try more shabby chic and monochromatic Lo's they really draw me in and appeal to me.

Svjetlana said...

Love all these pages, the Teen Speak is my favourite.

sandi said...

wow Helen this is a great post. Thank you...I wanted to buy some and I never thought of spraying to get the color I wanted...great idea!

dstandard said...

Fabulous pages - love doilies - get my Mom to make them (I can just hate to).

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layouts, I especially like the second two and the kits look fantastic! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh my goodness! Helen - these are unreal!!! Wow I'm almost speechless! I love them all, especially "Today". Wow, these are really really awesome!!! :D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work Helen, so pretty, fun and unique!!!

Lilith Eeckels said...

LOVE each and every one of your layouts! Love the way you used those doilies. STUNNIN work!

Diana said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
all of them
wowza
awesome kit too!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful layouts, every one of them...and your use of doilies are simply amazing.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Ooohhh, I love me soem doilies. You really show a good many ways to use them. I recently bought a couple of Cheery Lynn doily dies and I am completely smitten. If you have not seen them you should check them out!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love it when you use the doilies!!!

HappyScrappy said...

Hi Helen!
Long time no "see" ;).I just love these LOs and if i may pick my favourites (may i, may i?!?!), i would chose Teen Talk and Today - i am charmed by them, the photos are so cool and the pages perfect. Love the misted journaling between the pics.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a lovely time!!!

Irini said...

Oh WOW I love these layouts especially the 3rd yummmmm, so arty love love love it!!!
hugz
irini

Kerryn said...

Such a wonderful variety of pages, all equally fabulous!