Sunday 6 November 2011

Scrapbook Kits with a Difference {You Rock} Layout


This is page 3 of this month's kit of mine
I love the simplicity of using a plain cardstock as a base.

 Here I left the Bella! alphas alone instead of sanding 
and distressing them.


 I cut my paper so that the stem of the flower 
ended up on the far left of the printed paper so 
that I could attach the flower to the top of it.

Jotted down a quick thought that came to mind about 
my youngest.  She is such a bundle of energy and 
enthusiasm and doesn't ever contemplate the 
thought of missing school, unlike my 2 teenage sons...
Such a simply pretty checked yellow ribbon.


I used a random selection of photos of Cami left 
over from what I had recently printed out.

17 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! Thinking that far ahead on your Layout... with the Stem for your Flower!!! FAN FAB U LAS...Helen!!!
Also the added bits of paper to your Alphas... Another GR8 idea!!
Love your Layout....
Have a Gr8 Week!
♥♥

Bellaidea said...

Another great layout my friend! I like the look!

yyam said...

Sweet and simple! Love the stem idea! So clever! :)

Mitralee said...

Paper bits inside the alphas! Yet again another surprise from you!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! I love all the awesome little details here & the colours are gorgeous! Love that ribbon too! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the "o's" with the paper in them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

tania said...

ok!!! i CAN't keep up!!!slow down now!!lol!! beautiful layout:)

Cathy said...

Another fabulous page with those Bo Bunny papers Helen.. love it!! :)) hugs

Bernadine said...

I love how you are stretching your creativity to another level and how you are willing to step out of your comfort zone ie how you normally scrap.

Marelize said...

You always have such great fresh ideas Helen! Love your layout. :)

Jasmine S said...

This looks fabulous and I love what you say about the cardstock. I never think to use cardstock as a base these days but when I see a page like this, it really is a great foundation to showcase those fabulous photos and it brings the yellow and blue alive. Brilliant.

sandi said...

Oh wow! I really, really like this! Everything is so upbeat and fun looking..so sweet and those pics are just fab!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love this and how the journaling takes center stage.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a wonderful LO. Love how you backed the black letter spaces with the PP!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Beautiful Helen!
Alison xx

Diana said...

It just occurred to me that I am not seeing the entire page on your blog. My laptop does that sometimes.Or is the page not there? I can see the detail shots, but not an entire page.

Kerryn said...

A lovely page Helen!