Monday 28 November 2011

3 Scrappy Boys Crop - Vintage Mum Layout!


I did this layout for a crop challenge at 3 Scrappy Boys
where we were required to scrap photos of ourselves.
I have been sorting through all my old photos & came
across these VERY OLD ones! 

I combined it with a sketch from Creative Scrappers
{loving sketches again right now}.

Used paper & embellishments from Glitz Design
- Beautiful Dreamer collection.

Tickets from Purple Pumpkin, inked up a bit,
and the last of my pearls by the yard :(


The kids loved looking at these photos of me - 
unfortunately they are practically all I have from
my childhood!  How times have changed!!


 I used 3 different colours of mists - pink, orange & green.
The trick is a very light hand spritzing at a 30 degree angle,
slightly overshooting the page.  Then take off the cap &
tap with your fingernail to achieve the splodgy dots.


Supplies List for Vintage Mum Layout

Printed papers & diecut roses - Glitz Design - 
Beautiful Dreamer Collection - Houndstooth & Polka
Lace Paper - Basic Grey Lemonade
Roses - glitz Design - Beautiful Dreamer "What Nots"
Stickers - Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer
Tickets - Purple Pumpkin
Stick-pins & pearls - stash
Teeny alphas - Glitz Design - Rose Grunge
Chipboard Alphas - American Crafts - Hard Cover
Mists - Maya Road - Pink Lemonade & Orange Sherbet
Studio Calico - Mr Huey - Clover




21 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hehehehe wow Helen, you were too cute and pretty at the same time :) I love the one with your hat on, great pose eh!! A beautiful page of yourself, you can never go wrong with Glitz Design ;) Thanks for sharing these precious photos of yours :)))

Bellaidea said...

You are so cute girl! Very nice layout!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful layout Helen!!!... You were such a cute little girl eh... hugs..xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeee those photos and loveeeee the pearls and flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Ooh...so pretty! Love the vintage photos of you...so adorable! :)

Tina said...

Love it Helen! I love old pictures and this layout is wonderful!

Tina said...

I just realized I said 'old' in my previous post. :) I didn't mean to say you were old. (hee hee). I meant to say I love to see pictures of ourselves from when we were younger. Hope you are having a great day! :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

amazing job! also want tot start working with my old photos...
need to sort them out

Stefanie said...

it is wonderful how you can make even these old photos really shine.
Love the shabbyness and the pearls. A girl always looks great in pearls.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful vintage layout, love the misting too!

Karen said...

Love those photos Helen, so super cute!!
Love the different coloured misting, beautiful!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

OMG!! You are SOOOO cute!!! I love this beautiful layout!!! Everything is in the right place!
Hugs!!!

Heather Jacob said...

oh Helen I love this ..... so gorgeous and love the background paper ... full of yummy-ness .. hugz x

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is such a gorgeous layout of your childhood! Well done with this one.

Patricia said...

adore this roses... what a gorgeous page!!!

Cathy said...

Helen you were such a cutie.. LOVE your page, the Glitz papers and embellies look gorgeous!! Have a wonderful week :)) hugs

FiKenward said...

You did such a great job using the sketch especially getting all those pictures on. Loved the combined spritzing colours.

Jasmine S said...

Fab fab photos. I am sure I have some just like them....lol.
Perfect paper and embellies to highlight them too.

Marilyn said...

Ahhh you were a lovely girl, so cute!!! love the vintage photos!!
and love your page! Hugs!!!

Diana said...

omg you look exactly the same! I would totally have recognized you.
I have zero pics from when I was a kid. Very depressing :-(

Kerryn said...

The photos work so well with those papers. I love how you share so much information about each of your pages, products used, techniques etc. Love it!