Friday 4 November 2011

Scrapbook Kits with a Difference {Live in the Now Layout} and a Step-by-step Construction Tutorial



Blogger and I are not friends this week!
All week I have had posting issues with Blogger literally 
eating up my posts when I am almost through them, 
meaning I have to start all over again, needless to 
say I am not impressed




 I managed to squeeze 4 layouts out of the November 
Scrapbook Kits with a Difference Page Kits that I was 
sent by Jules.


Firstly I cut out the sentiments I wanted to use, 
from the sentiments sheet, and got them into position 
with the photos over them, followed by the ribbon 
and embellishments, then I marked the corners with a 
pencil so that, once I removed all the elements to apply 
the adhesive, I would be able to return them to exactly the 
same position afterwards.



 Got the sentiment cards stuck down first.



Got the photos stuck down on top of the sentiment cards next.


Lastly I got adhered the ribbon and metal embellishments
on top of the sentiment cards and photos.




The final touch was adding the alphas for the title 
then doing the hand-journaling, always a bit nerve-
wracking once the rest of the layout is complete!



 I free-styled my journaling (just wrote spontaneously
without any pre-planning, and it worked, phew!


Sanded down the high-gloss letters then distressed them a bit.


I use a 0.4 (FINE) Shachihata journaling pen (the best 
I've found to date) (along with the Creative Memories 
ones that are also fabulous).


 All papers are from the Bo Bunny "Ad Lib" collection.


Supplies List for "In the Now" Layout

Paper, sentiment cards and metal embellishments - Bo Bunny - Ad Lib Collection
Alphas - Bella!
Ribbon - DCWV
Pen - Shachihata Artline 200

*** Page-kits - including this very one! - for sale here NOW!***

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!





19 comments:

Bellaidea said...

wow, stunning one!

Evgenia Petzer said...

I love this bo bunny collection to bits! and u did such a cool job! love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS and I loveeeeeeee how you put it together!!! Loving that Bo Bunny line and loveeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

tania said...

just love your journaling, my handwriting is so stiff, i can't get myself to write so curly,yet neatly;)beautiful kit!

Alison said...

Love your hand journalling..great LO!
Alison xx

Carin McDonough said...

Fantastic layout, I love the journaling and your handwriting! Yes I am South African but have been in the UK for 9 years now so we actually left UR before Gateway was built lol but I have been there a couple of times when we have come back on holiday. :)

Alanna said...

Gorgeous LO Helen. This is just beautiful and that journaling is very heartfelt and true. I am sure your daughter will treasure this LO through her journey at university, and then years to come.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! This layout is GORGEOUS! I loved seeing the step-by-step of it too! Looks amazing, Helen!!!

Jasmine S said...

Wow Helen, you have turned the most simple of papers into a work of art. Just love it.

Mitralee said...

Sigh! I always enjoy your posts! It was lovely stepping through your page! Great job too! Love the journaling!

Marelize said...

So beautiful Helen! Love the simplicity of this layout. :)
I think all of us have a love/hate relationship with Mr Blogger by now. I hope your problems get fixed soon.
Have a great weekend. xx

Rachael Funnell said...

I think we all have Issues with
Blogland from time to time......
BUT I have to admit that every since I changed to Google Chrome,
I don't have a much trouble....
ANYWAYS!
This Layout FAN FAB U LAS!!!!
I Still love that you are handwriting on your layouts....
I think it's GR8 that you show a Step by Step on your Layout!!
My layouts are never planned...
I always seem to keep on adding to it till I'm Happy with the End design!!!!!
xx

Eila Sandberg said...

Gosh! 4 layouts - good job! you have really worked magic with these papers, thanks for the step-by step too!! don't mention Blogger x%###& Hope you've had a super weekend so far, thanks for the emails sweetie! xoxoxo

sandi said...

Wow! Helen this is just absolutely fantastic! Love everything about this and the wonderful step by step instructions...perfect!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Absolutely beautiful...and I love your gorgeous journaling.

yyam said...

Gorgeous! Love how you put the pieces together! And your handwriting is just perfect for this! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with blogger, they are just weird, now my "followers" can't never work properly, the new followers just disappear and I had to "look" for it, just so sick of having all these blogger issues *sigh.....

By the way, a pretty layout, and I always enjoy your step-by-step build a page.

Diana said...

love love love this LO.
I think it's because it's kinda clean and simple heeeee...

Kerryn said...

I love that you used handwritten journalling! Fabulous!