Tuesday 8 November 2011

Bird is the Word ADORE {Junk Food Addict Layout}


For a while now it's been on my mind to record 
my daughter Cami's "addiction" to junk food, 
so when Bird is the Word offered up the new 
word ADORE I knew this was my opportunity! 

***The challenge went LIVE on Sunday and every 
challlenge is open for A FULL MONTH so you 
have plenty of opportunity to play along 
- PLEASE JOIN US!  
Winner's are voted for by the DT and the prize 
is really worth it - the latest Tidbitz in Time Kit!!
You still have 12 days left to get your WISH page in!

I started off by spraying through my Dusty Attic 
chicken-wire chipboard 
(simply because I am OBSESSED with this design!)

Also crazy-in-love with this Maya Mist - Pink Lemonade!  

Must be because Summer is approaching here but I am
feeling so bright and breezy these days & I guess 
it is coming out in my "happier" colours!!

 Occasionally these days I am using my Instax photos
to scrap with.  They are so cute!  Little credit-card 
sized Polaroid photos that pop right out of the
Instax camera!!  Not the best quality but with an 
appeal similar to iphone photos...


Recently I won a FANTABULOUS RAK from 
Chantal/Scrapbookit (Primary Colours Challenge) for
this layout & the goodies arrived last week
- woohoo!  

Used some of them on this page & then, the 
NEXT DAY my Purple Pumpkin parcel arrived, 
so now I am absolutely INUNDATED with 
Purple Pumpkin cuteness!!



At Bird is the Word you can use the word 
ANYWHERE on your layout so I added the 
"Adore"ticket tag.


 I used 3 different border punches and lots of
itty-bitty embellishments including that CUTE oreo 
biscuit! {Thanks Chantal!  That was my FAVOURITE
thing in the package!}


I recently bought a pack of TINY glue-dots that
I am loving using to secure my twine. 
{Much less messy than glue!}




Supplies List for Junk Food Addict Layout.

Background paper - Bazzill - White
Green spotted paper - October Afternoon - Campfire - Animal tracks (B side)
Blue & White checked paper - October Afternoon - Report Card - Science Fair
Yellow Floral Print - October Afternoon - Fly a Kit - Lemonade
Yellow print - October Afternoon - Thrift Shop - Still in Box
Newsprint Scallop & Tape Measure - October Afternoon - Cherry Hill Shapes
Alpha Stickers - October Afternoon - Hometown Summer  
Tiny Alphas - October Afternoon - Mini Market Blue & Cream
Inks - Pink (Doodlebug) Blue (Pretty Colour)
Chipboard Elements - October Afternoon - 5 & Dime - Chip 'n Stick
Shape and border stickers - October Afternoon - 5 & Dime - Shape Stickers
Twine, blue tickets, blue doilies, blue flower, Panda button - Purple Pumpkin
Oreo embellishment, silhouette heart, ribbon - Scrapbookit
Adore ticket - Tim HOltz Idea-ology
Journaling pen - Pentel - Hybrid Gel-Grip - Metallic blue
Large Shell punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Mini shell punch - EK Success
Other border punch - Martha Stewart Crafts




24 comments:

Rebekkah said...

Wow Helen
This page is just delicious !
Loving it all..
Sounds like a fab challenge. Hopefully i will get time to check it out.
I should get me some of those glue dots too..
Cheers
Bekki xx

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is indeed bright and happy. So so gorgeous Helen. And awesome that you are using those little photos. I also like all the details that you give about your layouts. I love learning just how others put a layout together. Love your theme in this layout too. Excellent work. Keep it up now. :o)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!! I LOVE this layout! It's super fun and totally up my alley!!! New fave!!! That Oreo is so rockin' on there. Yum! I love it! You have done such an amazing job here. You are so welcome, too! Absolutely smashing work!!!
xo

Lynette Jacobs said...

It just shouts summer! I love what you did with the chicken wire chipboard...might just try that myself. This is a stunning layout and your embellies are just perfect for it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! I am in LOVE!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos, all the food goodies on here.. the masking, the design! Just loveeeeeeeeeeee it all!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

sandi said...

Wow! Helen this is fantastic! Love seeing how you put the background together....which is fab on it's own and then when you show the next pic with everything on it...just outstanding! What a fun lo!

Shayne said...

I really love this page. Not my style at all, but it just shouts summer, happiness and cuteness. And that oreo biscuit? There is no word to describe it.

And i think your blog has loaded properly for the first time on my pc. LOVE the scalloping and doilies down the side - first time i've seen them!

Bellaidea said...

very happy/pretty/cute page! I`m happy you fell this way!

Debbie P said...

What an amazing layout. I love seeing what the background looked like before you added all your bits. Well done!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout Helen!! Love all your tips...thanks so much for sharing!

Alia said...

Love how you were able to mix so many colors here!

yyam said...

Totally yummy (like junk food...lol)

Love the whimsical mix of elements! And I love the chipboard misting...just beautiful! You've been on a roll lately....just oodles of eye candy from you! :)

dstandard said...

Awesome page once again Helen - love the misting - love that texture you used and fabulous details!

Mitralee said...

I have Oreo Cookie bling jealousy going on!! Love it all, but that is my favorite. OH and the frame. It has been taunting me all day to give it a try!

tania said...

i sometimes get sooooo cracked up with the teens eating so much junk!! maybe because i cannot afford to eat it so much!!lol!!after visiting the usa, megan has lost a little bit of that love;),thats what they had everyday!!those photos are just cute:) love how you created your background!! yay to your new prize arriving:)

topkatnz said...

me too Cami, me too...sigh...

Blossom inch said...

this is indeed a very beautiful page with a few pics on how you created the background! awesome tutorial Helen and what a beautiful layout, I love how you transform and created this page and what a pretty pics of your girl. I m coming back again and thanks for sharing darl.

Amelia Khalik said...

Wow!!! U never fail to amaze me with gorgeous creation after creation. I love ur idea of misting using the DA Chix wire. Totally awwesome misting and love the instant photo! :)))

Alison said...

Gorgeous Helen...love that chicken wire misting!
Alison xx

Rachael Funnell said...

I know I've said it before!!!
I LOVE how you PUT so much in your Posts...
What a FANTASTIC Layout & it Sooooo reminds ME of my DD!!
loving all the F.U.N details & the Design is Gorgeous.....
♥♥

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I loved this the moment I saw it Helen! So many yummy embellies to look at! Great design and colors!!!Thanks for sharing the process!!
Hugs!!!

Diana said...

super cute page!
I love the misting.
I am also crazy about mists.
So glad I succumbed to the trend. I can't seem to do a LO without mists now. Plain white cardstock just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love this lo. Makes me think of Summer, which alas, we are going to be waiting for here. Winter is near.....
Love the small photos. They make for such different layouts. Sometimes I like a large photo and sometimes several small ones.
Been nbacktracking here and boy have you been busy!!!! Churning out one wonderful delish layout after another! i don't know how you do it!!! :o)

Kerryn said...

Such a fun page! Love it!!