Wednesday 13 April 2011

Get Picky!!! {My wish for You - Peace, Love & Beautiful Shoes}

Hi everyone,  I need to get this layout posted here PRONTO so that I don't miss the deadline for the Get Picky challenge over here.  I am coming back though, as & when, to do another post with a "how to" as I photographed the page "being built", etc, etc...and lots of yummy close-ups!  But for now, let me off will ya, 'cos to be in it to win it I have to link up NOW :)







I have A LOT to say about this layout so I am coming back, believe me!  To understand how I came up with it you need to see the inspiration photograph here




How could I possibly not enter?!  With my history in fashion design it was a no-brainer that of course I would rise to the challenge!  BUT I really thought I had missed the deadline...Unfortunately (well fortunately in other respects) you all know that I have had a lot going on this month, what with my surgery & then getting on to 4 design teams in a month (believe me when I applied for them all I didn't expect to get them ALL!!!) so my heart was pretty heavy at the thought of missing out...

Then I thought, y'know, that picture is too good not to download & save to my desktop inspiration file, so I clicked in there to do just that & guess what???  Well, as you can see...I had a late night last night...and the reason I'm so late to get it up here to photograph?  Well, I got the kids all off to school, came home & did the "urgent stuff" then lay down on my bed with a tub of hummus & some pita chips and....well, let's just say I took a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle nap!!!

Woke up with a bit of a fright & kiddies to collect from all over the place, did all that & here we are!!! - 

ENJOY!!!

18 comments:

Diana said...

Hummus & pita chips are my FAVOURITE. Crazy how we have so much in common but I suppose not surprising since we get along so well!
LOVE the LO and what crazy fantastic inspiration!

Nadhrah Maidin said...

i love i love i love...beautiful creations.loving all the paint effects!

Bellaidea said...

How could I forget about this one! I love the photo! Your layout looks great, can not wait for the story :)

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Wow! This layout is amazing Helen...I love it. It is so super artistic! Can't wait to see the close ups... :)

Bellaidea said...

Ups, just a question - do you have lots of spam? just thinking about spelling al lthose long strange letters ...But I like to make comments when I visit so I will do it every single time :)

Alison said...

GORGEOUS Helen! Thanks for dropping by my Blog...and no, they were just plaited paper decorations!
Alison xx

tania said...

Helen, Helen, Helen!!!! Stunning!!! Your work is turning out to be AMAZING!! You deserve each and every spot in those design teams!! Hope you are doing well!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

wow! Speechless. LOVE THIS HELEN!

Jasmine S said...

Oh My Helen. This has to win. It is just gorgeous. I love your title and your paint finishes it off perfectly. Stunning.

Mel said...

Oh wow Helen how super stunning is this layout, I am so glad you made the deadline for it, I am so looking forward to hearing the story behind it too, how gorgeous are those paint splatters. Love to you, and super congratulations on all the DT's that have snapped you up, I am seeing your name EVERYWHERE.....awesome you so deserve it. Melx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Helen!! You certainly are very smart using the black background and used the beautiful paints. Yeah, this piece ought to be a winner!! I LOVE it!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh and HUGE congratulations too for all your DT spot!! Enjoy them!! Am happy for you, Helen!! You truly deserve such position :)

Leanne J said...

oh man oh man oh man.. i LOVE LOVE this,,... awesome interpretation..and i love the yellow..and the grunge..and all of it..its all SUPERB>>>......

Heather Jacob said...

just sensational ....so yummy and delicious ... love it, all of it ...hugz oxoxoxox

Rachael Funnell said...

Love it! Love it! Love it all!!!
those splatters of paint are the the bomb....They are totally Awesome, along with the rest of your LO....
Enjoy your day!!!
XXX

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty...I can see your fashion design background in this one.

fie & Co said...

WOOW, looks just great! Love it;0)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is just so beautiful, I need to try that paint technique soon! Thanks for the inspiration!