Monday 18 April 2011

My Woolly Hat {Once Upon a Sketch Mid-April Challenge}

I know I promised you a different layout today but I've just been editing the photos & they're not the best so am going to rephotograph tomorrow in {hopefully} some better weather conditions.  So this is the layout I did for Once Upon a Sketch here - the 2nd challenge that just recently went live...You can go there & have a look at the rest of the Design Team's layouts, see the sketch & read the challenge criteria, or simply scroll down a couple of posts right here on my blog.

I have been dying to use these "Dear Lizzy for American Crafts" 'Enchanted' papers since I received them at the end of last year so these happy little pics looked like the perfect opportunity to me.

I got all the bits & pieces in the line - stickers, chipboard, etc, so co-ordinating it all really was a cinch.  I only got a couple of sheets of paper but really loved this floral print in particular.
My daughter is somewhat obsessed with this cute little hat - which I bought very cheaply from "Mr. Price" which is our chain of very inexpensive but trendy clothing stores here.  I'm glad I got to record the memory.

If  you look above you'll see that I cut around the flower design on the polka-dot paper & inked with darker pink to define it then under the "woolly" I used the mini tags so that the alphas stood out more clearly.  I also added a glossy badge as one of the flower centres for a bit of added interest & dimension.



Here you can see that I used one of the felt embellishments on top of the floral paper as a flower centre & the other half of the tags in the top right hand corner - threaded with twine.  I layered some on top of the plain lime-green paper, which I also inked with pink, to make them stand out more, but quite honestly I love the way all the beautiful prints mix & mingle into each other.


To make the photos "Pop" more I cut out the border pattern of one of the journalling stickers {the lime green embossed print}, cut it in half & used each half as a semi-frame for the photos - definitely helped them to stand out.  I also cut one of the journaling stickers to use for "Cami 2010" & added the last corner of the lime green embossed print frame (used to frame the photos) up at the top right of the journaling, behind the ticket.

A sweet & simple page.  Just what the doctor orders on some days for a bit of scrappy therapy don't you think?

Supplies:-

Printed papers - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts - "Enchanted" line - Wonderful Alice plus 2 others
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Enchanted" "bits" - Decorative Tags
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Euphoria" accent stickers - Remarks
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Ethereal" journaling stickers - Remarks
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts  "Enchanted" journaling stickers
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Piccolo" dimensional stickers (butterflies)
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Enchanted" badge
Dear Lizzy for American Crafts "Enchanted" felt embellishment
Martha Stewart twine
Creative Memories journaling pen
American Crafts Thickers "Rootbeer Float" foam letters
American Crafts "Honey" puffy letter stickers
Bubblebum pink ink by Doodlebug

6 comments:

Diana said...

oh I have a prescription for scrappy therapy that I need to fill!
I LoVE that DL line. The colours and patterns are so gorgeous.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet! and i mean both the layout and that little baby of yours!

Jasmine S said...

Wow, love all of that color and it is such a large pattern yet those beautiful pics still pop.

Bellaidea said...

wow, so cool!

Marilyn said...

So sweet and Lovely page!! love the mix of pattern papers and the colors! Take Care my friend!!! Hugs!!:)

Mel said...

Oh I just love those divine papers and how gorgeous are those photos of your daughter, great layout Helen. Melxx