Tuesday 19 April 2011

White with One/Crate Paper Sketch Challenge plus The Paper Variety/Colour Combos Galore/Prima BAP



Good Morning Scrappers!  I am off out this  morning to get some chores done but first I need to get a couple of layouts posted for challenges that have looming deadlines.  First up is "Our Double Blessing" for The Paper Variety here.  This one's due in by the end of today so if you want to play you need to vavoom!!


 How could I miss this challenge when it is all about flowers?  I mean really...how hard is that?!  Not hard at all!  Especially when you combine the challenge with a great sketch from the flower experts PRIMA & a stunning colour scheme from the colour experts at Colour Combos Galore!! A winning permutation there surely...So remember to add THE PAPER VARIETY to your reader for great challenges with awesome prizes to boot :)


I used the colour combo up this week at Colour Combos Galore.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Still time for you to get your entries in - you have up until Wednesday night so about another 36 hours to go...The standard of work in this gallery is amazing - prepare to be inspired!  

There is always a twist to these challenges too, inspired by the photograph provided - this week it was to use embossing & texture so I used Bazzill swiss-dot paper (which you would have NO IDEA I had judging by the photo but believe me it is!) plus frayed ribbon, tulle, mini-bloomers & gauze all to get that texture going plus some staples, inspired by the boot buckle, and spotted paper inspired by the buckle-band.  


For my sketch I used the Prima BAP which you can find here.  You have until the end of the month for this one...A great excuse to chomp through your Prima to clear out some space for their awesome new offerings...Every month Prima give you the opportunity to have your work showcased on their blog, in the form of a sketch and now a colour-challenge too!!

Seeing I am mad about Crate Paper of late & still waiting for my new releases to arrive, I decided to play along on their blog here too, to use up some of my "Vintage" Crate LOL...(well I did add a touch of "Restoration" there just to bring things up to date :)



And here is my take on the Crate Paper Sketch which you can find here. They also have a monthly colour challenge too so hop on over there now to make a screengrab of that for your "to do" folder!

The printed paper is also REALLY OLD Crate paper (the cicle embellishments are Crate Paper Restoration to- die-for line!) (That just means my heart skips a beat when I see anything from the Restoration Line :))
I have been dying to compete at this lovely site over here for some time now.  WHITE WITH ONE 

Each month they have a challenge up to use white together with one other colour - pretty inspired right?!  They also add a little twist - this month it was to use TWINE so that's easy hey 'cos by now we should all have a few colours of that awesome stuff in our stash.  Here I used Martha Stewart's twine in the perfect combo (gren & white) but combined it with string - and you all have that so no excuses!  You have until the end of April for this one so plenty of time.

So add White with One to your readers too  'cos simple colourschemes always look the shizzle, monthly challenges give you loads of time to complete your layout AND awesome prizes are to be won!

 Close-up photos, details & supplies list to follow soon!  Have a great day everyone!!

26 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh Helen, beautiful as always!! I especially love your first LO with lots of gorgeous flowers!! I do not have to say about your photos, they are all well-captured and so stunning!! I will only be back in Singapore tonight, can't wait to scrap!! Enjoy your beautiful day yeah!! xoxo.

Rene Sharp said...

Wow, two stunning pages Helen. The first one is my fave, your daughters are gorgeous, and I love how many flowers you used on this page!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow, flower loaded for the first layout and I love it!! You work those flowers so well. Colors are amazing too. The second one I love how you emphasize on the photos and kept the whole layout simple but pretty!!

Jasmine S said...

How yummy and yes, I guess if it says Flowers, it must be your challenge....
I just love your pics in both LOs. Stunning and the awesome details and of course flowers. Love them both.

Eila Sandberg said...

Love love love them both Helen! flowers and me is a love story too. The white and green could have easily become peasoup but you have created a wonderfully mild and balanced piece of beauty! love how you combined the twine, string and scrunchy seambinding. Beautiful all of it! xxx

Ella Swan said...

Thank you girls! Eila you are hysterical!! Pea soup indeed :) I guess you are right - it could well have become MUSHY pea soup hey LOL HEHEHE....

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow !!!!!!!these are just amazing helen ... so much exquisite work from you ...I especially adore the CCG page ... so much beautiful detail and texture.. I can't stop looking at it .... stunning !!!!! big hugz x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! These are just amazing! I am loving all the flowers in the first one and loveeeeeee the colors on the second one! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marelize said...

Wow! Two stunning layouts Helen! Your photos are gorgeous and I just love all the layering in your layouts. :)

Bellaidea said...

Photo from first LO is great!!!!
You did well!

Yara said...

Wow! Both of them are stunning! Love all the flowers on the first one! and the photos are amazing! Love, love your work! Good luck with the prizes! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

Theresa said...

stunningly beautiful!!! what inspiration! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety!

Marilyn said...

Wow, Dear, both are BEAUTIFUL!! but your first page is STUNNING!!!! I Love it!!!! the photos, flowers and all the details are Fabulous!!!I love this color combo, I'm working on my page. Thanks for playing along us at The Paper Variety!!!
Beautiful Work as always!!! A Big Hug!!! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous work Helen, I have say that besides all the beautiful elements and wonderful details on the 2 layouts. The gorgeous photography is outstanding too!

Lisa Amiet said...

WOW!! These are both just amazing! You have the most beautiful girls. Loving your colour schemes xoxo

Cathy said...

Gorgeous work Helen.. Your flower LO is divine and the ribbon detail on your 2nd LO is so pretty!! Thanks for joining in at WW1 :) hugs

Unknown said...

Amazing LOs Helen. So beautiful. Love your flowers !!! i don't think I'd even own that many to put on a LO :)

Shazza said...

Hi!

I love your work Helen, you have a gorgeous style and I'm a fan :)

My name is Shazza.

I’m just letting you know that I run two really successful challenge blogs and would love to see you join in.

ARTastic is a challenge where we take paintings from the great artists with a little added criteria. The blog address is http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

And

From Screen 2 Scrap is a challenge blog based on Movies with a little added criteria. The blog address is http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/

Please add yourself as a follower so you get all the monthly updates.

We would love to see you join in.

Cheers and thanks
Shazza

Mel said...

Wow Helen their is some eye candy here, I just adore your colour combos layout, wow those flowers are just divine. I love all your stunning work dear girl, you are on fire at the moment. Melx

Pearl said...

& how gorgeous your girlies are in the pics !!! fabulous work you sure have been up to , my dear ! ;)

Bernadine said...

Lovely layout Helen. As always you are a inspiration.

Ella Swan said...

You guys are the best followers a girl could ask for {{{mwah}}} xxx

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Both layouts are truly fabulous....loving all the Prima flowers...and WOW, adore the ribbon and twine and pins and all the other goodies that you grouped together on your "early morning goodbyes" layout...so effective! :)

Alison said...

Helen...beautiful LOs-your photography is brilliant too!
Alison xx

Diana said...

Wow the one the flowers is amazing. Yeah, you can definitely do flowers! lol
I'm going to pin that second sketch. I love it.

Irini said...

Helen......your layouts are gorgeous! and your daughters beautiful...you must be one proud mum!!!