Friday 22 April 2011

It's been a GOOD Friday!!! {Pretty Paper Petals new stock & a Double Feature!!}

Get it?!  Good Friday??!!  Well it IS Good Friday today & I do hope it has been a GREAT Friday for you all...  Happy, happy Easter - I hope you have all had a blessed day surrounded by friends, family and/or those you love.  My day started with breakfast in bed from my dear hubby, who just happens to be one of the last gentlemen standing, I mean Mother's Day, yes...then I expect breakfast in bed, but today I fully expected to start the day washing the dishes :)

First up, somehow I missed out on posting the Pretty Paper Petals Happy Hour post, which is sadly now over :(  BUT I can show you the goodies available in stock right now & STRONGLY SUGGEST you head on over there now & decide on what you would like :)


 What with the next royal wedding fast approaching there are some Grande new additions in store...Just check out these DIANA BUDS...

 

More gorgeous colours of those in stock too...along with the COUNTRY PRINCESSES...



Not only are there gorgeous blooms, bunting, other assorted cuteness...but there is also a Pretty Paper Petals CLUB you can join to ensure that you NEVER miss out on a new release!  Great value too - see!!


Those are prices for Australia but international customers are MOST WELCOME & shipping shouldn't be excessive as the blooms & other goodies are all light, small but they pack a big punch when on a layout :)

Browse through the blog here to take a look-see at how the Design Team are busy using up all their Pretty Petals - hopefully mine will arrive soon as I can't wait to get going with them on my pages!

Now, when I woke up this morning I had 45 e mails on my blackberry...choke...you know when you forget to click "unfollow" & everyone who comments on a layout in a gallery after you...well, all their notifications come to you...???...yeah well it was something like that LOL...and as I was busy binning them all I saw one from THE COLOUR ROOM.  "Your layout has just been Featured..."  Say what?!?  Yup I gulped & read it again & sure enough...tadadada!!!
I join in there purely for "fun" & to keep on learning & experimenting, getting "out there" & interacting with like minded souls...I don't ever expect anything in return at The Colour Room, the work is of an exceptional standard & with over 3 000 members & over 100 people participating on average per challenge, the likelihood of ever "being featured" as one of ONLY FIVE entries is against the odds.  But I did it this week!  Woo Hoo!!

And I shall be back again this week, God willing...I like to discipline myself to take part at The Colour Room & Colour Combos Galore every week if possible, as Colour Challenges are my ultimate fave!  So here's this week's palette...a little dramatic perhaps, but I shall tone it down with a nice devonshire cream methinks...oh well, who knows what I'll do yet but I'll keep you posted LOL...




And THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS!!!  Blow me down if I don't get ANOTHER E MAIL from Colour Combos Galore - Yikes - now I really DID think I was hallucinating!!  But I grabbed the laptop, checked in to my favourite site & there I was again!!!  Featured in the line up for the week & in the side-bar too!

 
 Along with my dear & sweet friend Eila - who doesn't have a blog & I keep telling her she needs to start one!  {listening Eila?!} but she is the most wonderful & faithful commenter in both the CCG & TCR galleries.

And HOW is that combo for DIVINE???  Can't wait to play this week with those gorgeous chalky pastel colours - my favourites...

So now can you see why I said it was a VERY Good Friday? :-D  And now I am off with my family & friends to watch "Country Strong" at the movies, which should be the perfect way to wind up a glorious day!

13 comments:

Diana said...

happy post
happy day
happy easter

Unknown said...

wow what beautiful flowers love it!!
I wish you a very beautiful and happy easter hon!!

hugs carla

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Congrads on being featured at both Color Combos Galore and The Color Room!!! You are on a roll girl. :) It is so deserved...I adore your layout featured at both sites, but especially your "Double Blessed" layout at Color Combos Galore...absolutely divine. Have a fab Easter Weekend!

CathQuillScrap said...

Well done on being featured TWICE.... way to go.

Mel said...

Oh wow Helen that is a truly Good Friday, that is awesome, I have never submitted to those challenges I guess I consider them the top ones though and you got featured on both....not surprised though. Love to you, hope you have a wonderful easter with your family. Melxx

Rachael Funnell said...

*YAY* A big Congrats on both Features your LO's are just GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!!
Bugger I missed the Happy Hour for PPP.. BUT I'm signed up for the Monthly club Petals, Sooo any PPP flowers are good enough for me... hehehe
From my Family too yours HAPPY EASTER!!
XXXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful blooms, I love the Diana bud, so pretty!

Bernadine said...

The flowers are absolutely divine. I think I see some in my future. Have a fantastic Easter.

Alison said...

Your LOs are fab, Helen ...congrats on being featured in both colour challenge sites! So well-deserved though. Have a great weekend with your family...as you know, mine are here and I am really, really trying to keep the glass half full!
Alison xx

Ella Swan said...

LOL! The glass half-full Alison, you have been reading my side-bar haven't you?! Bernie YAY you must get some - how about joining the club? Looks great to me & that way you don't forget from month to month & a little envelope or box won't cost much & probably won't attract any duties...Easter Love everyone <3

LG said...

this is a proof how great you are!!!! Congrats!!!! Both of your layouts are so gorgeous!

Pearl said...

Happy easter greetings , grrll ! woohoo ! look at you rawking the color challenges ! way to go !!! big congrats !!!

& yes ! Elia is a sweet heart !!! I have told her to blog too ! lol I wouldnt be surprised if I see both of you on these DTs one of these days !!! ( hopefully soon ! ;)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow Helen, that is SOME FRIDAY for you. A good one YESSS I woulg say so.. I have hardly visited TCR, which I used to love, since I was invited to the DT on CCG. So I had not seen that one. (Even though I spend far too much time on the computer I miss stuff....)
Both layouts are stunning and the features were so deserved!! Stunning work!!