Sunday 3 April 2011

Tooting At Last !!!

I've been waiting ages to announce this & a few peeps have already let the cat out of the bag with their congrats {thanks!!} did you see that I made the Inspired Blueprints Design Team???!!!  How woo hoo is that hey?!?  So please join me on their Ning site over here & play along with the NOW WEEKLY sketches!  Yes, they will now be showing a new sketch once a week & there is always a monthly sponsor, so if you complete all 4 sketches each month you quadruple your chances of winning, comprende?!

I have a few other toots to share from this week too!  I made it into the Sassafras Top 20 for their monthly challenge in March - you can see that one here. From there they drew a winner using a random number generator. 

I also won the Sunday Star Sketch over at the Jenni Bowlin Studio blog.


Then I also made it into the Colour Combo Galore newsletter as a Gallery Fave with the same layout!

 
I would just like to give a little shout out to Colour Combos Galore at this point.  NEVER before have I felt so welcomed & wanted at a challenge site than this one.  Their creator Janet Perafan-Babar & Site Co-ordinator Debbi Tehrani do an absolutely SUPERB job on that site, week after week after week.  Every detail is seen to, every month has a theme, the images found to inspire us are always exquisite, there is the most perfect musical accompaniment to each reveal, there is also a "designer's challenge" to each combo, which makes things just that little bit more interesting than any other colour-challenge site around.  The members are also the best bunch of gals around.  The regulars - which are handfuls let me tell you - pay me a faithful gallery visit week in week out & some of us even follow each other's blogs now too!  So if you are looking for somewhere where you'd like to feel like "you belong" then this is it.  It rocks...

And ON TOP OF ALL THAT {!!!} I am keeping another secret under my belt - so I can't tell you what it is...frusterating...but you will be in suspense for less than a week, then I can let that cat out of the bag!  So there you have it - a few toots all the way from sunny Durban, in South Africa, where it is in fact raining & overcast today :)

Good thing that I have some toots to share as unfortunately I have been unable to create a thing all week.  I had some scheduled surgery that went very well, but I was hoping that the week's rest I was told I would need, would actually only really need to be a few days...but looks like the doc was right 'cos the painkillers I am on {Dolatram} which I highly recommend - could double-up as sleeping pills.  I can't live without them at the moment & I can't remain conscious with them, so it's a bit of a catch 22 situation around here!

Hope all you creative peeps had a great weekend & I will be back with more to show you in the next few days {I hope} ...

24 comments:

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Congrads on all your wonderful achievements Helen! Your work is an inspiration. Hope you make a speedy recovery...

Alia said...

Was so excited to see your name on the IB list and can't wait to see what you create! I agree CCG is fabulous! And I'm glad your surgery went well!

Lou said...

Oh Congratulations that is all wonderful news!! WTG Girl!!! Fabulous!!
Love Lou xx

THERESA said...

Congrats Helen, no wonder, your work is simply super stunning!!!

Diana said...

Very woo hoo indeed.
And all those other accomplishments too. Wowza lady you are on a roll.
Now I can't wait for the next bit of news!

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow!!!! what a week you have had .... fantablous !!!!!! sooo well deserved too.... your work is so outstanding helen and I just adore your style . pages full of passion ..congrats and big hugz from me xoxox

Bellaidea said...

Congratulations!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Woo-hoo, Helen! So happy for you about all those "toots." So great to see you getting the recognition your work deserves. Just love all your details and beautiful designs. Huge congratulations on all your accomplishments. And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and your comments about CCG! Our site wouldn't be as great as it is without fabulous members like you!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations again my friend. I know you are going to create marvelous projects that we can all enjoy. You are really rocking all the challenges.

Kim Sonksen said...

WOOT WOOT that is totally exciting that you have had such a great week so far.
Congratz on everything - and I am dying to know what your last secret is :)

Stefanie said...

Congratulations.
Very well deserved.
Hope you feel better soon, until then sleeping is good.

dstandard said...

Huge congrats and well deserved! Awesome layouts as well.

Yara said...

Congratulations at all your achievements! Your work is stunning! and this is no surprising to anyone! Love reading your blog, because you share techniques, and I had learned a lot from you! Wishing a happy recovery from surgery! and 2011 and beyond your best year!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Congratulations on Inspired Blueprints!! I can't wait to see your sketch interpretations, they are going to be great!! and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Shout Out to my site! Reading it was like....WOW! Thank you for appreciating all the hard work that is put into it. And I am glad that you mentioned Debbi too, I agree, she has been a great help! :D

Alison said...

Congratulations Helen! Well-deserved on all counts..and hope you start to feel better soon
Alison xx

Nadia Cannizzo said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!! I am so happy for you. I really am..You deserve all the recognistion you are getting because your work is stunning! Congrats on the DT spot and the features...and yes CCG indeed are so welcoming. I felt the same thing the very first day I joined up, thats why I didnt hesitate to accept a DT position! Janet and Debbie are absolutely wonderful! xoxo NAdia

Rene Sharp said...

Wow!! You are really rocking the scrapping world right now Helen. So happy for you!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow look at you girl! Congrats....your work is beautiful!....:)

Unknown said...

Congrats you rock girl....love your work.
byeee,Lean

Ella Swan said...

Thank you sooooooooooo much for all your kind words :) Yolande I came to visit your blog but you seem to have disabled the comments as I couldn't get a comment box to appear, so just wanted to say thank-you for the visit. Girls from SC - sorry I didn't get to post the challenge here today but if you come back I have now posted it as the next post. Thanks everyone - without you the blogging journey wouldn't be half as fun :)

deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pearl said...

woot ! woot ! woot ! super duper toots here , hun ! way to go

Speedy recovery too now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Woots!! You are on the roll & going places!! Look at you, you have been achieving so much lately. So happy for you ;)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congratulations, you did a super job for all those beautiful layouts!