Monday 4 March 2013

Creating with Sketches Volume 2 {Rock Stars Drink Beer Layout} Pink Paislee Portfolio Collection





Hi there everyone!  I hope your week has got off to a roaring start!!  Mine hasn't...My car broke down & had to get collected for repairs so I've had to hire a car.  Wish it was that simple with computers as I am still waiting for mine to be returned LOL.  It's been away for weeks now.  

Anyway, I'm here to share my layout created for Kristine Davidson's new book, Creating with Sketches Volume 2.  I had a layout published in the first one last year & am so happy to say that I have another one published in this new book too!  I am allowed to share it here with you, but cannot show you the sketch, because we would like to encourage you to purchase the book.  I've taken a peek at it and it is awesome, you won't regret it!


I put quite a spin on the sketch but unfortunately you can't get to see that!  I downloaded this photo of my daughter & her boyfriend from her Facebook page.  I'm sure I'm not the only mother who has to resort to such lengths :)  She lives away from home most of the year now so I can't get many photos of her otherwise.  I love how she edited the photo with the heart bokeh, though the quality of the photo wasn't great, but converting to black & white is always a great lifesaver.

Yes I know it's a simple layout for me but the subject needed scrapping in a modern & funky way. I did layer up quite a bit though, even though the end result is flattish.  The texture is still there from the Artisan Elements, which are rubber.  I didn't recolour them (although they are recolourable) as I loved them cream for this page, just as they come.  

The woodgrain you see is torn washi.  My favourite washi tape design in my collection!  Still loving my dymo & just ordered some funky lumo/neon colours off Etsy so they will be fun to play with.  Nothing available here except office black, green, blue & red.  

I have a discount code for all you blog readers to purchase this book - Creating with Sketches Volume 2 - HERE - CWS2Discount will give you $2 off your purchase of a DIGITAL COPY - normal price $8.  You can also PRE-ORDER A PRINT COPY if you like.  Go  You HERE  to view the different prices (depending on where you live).

Have a good week & thanks for the visit!





21 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Funky photo, funky LO...LOVE those Artisan shapes....I can't get enough of them!! Well done getting into her book - I have the 1st one & LOVE it:):):) Poor you....the car now....sheesh!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

I love it! Not simple at all to me... looks just right!

Keren Tamir said...

Love the LO. It's perfect for 2 teenagers. Congrats on your publication!!

Tracee said...

Fab page Helen, the book looks great! xxx

Unknown said...

Ooh, I saw this in the preview ;) Awesome job, Helen- so glad to see your work in there!!

xErin

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer about the car :(

I love love love love your lo! LOVING the photo, the colors and that journaling cracks me up!!!

yyam said...

Oh dear...you seem to be in hardware twilight zone....hope everything gets fixed soon. Hugs.
Love your rock star layout. The black music paper is awesome and so is the dymo text. :)

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous as always. Love the sunny colours and tge dymo tape effect on the sentiment.
Oh no thats terrible Helen being without a car and computer. just shows how drpendent us modern people have become. Hope things will return to normal soon.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

topkatnz said...

Haha, love the story, love the title:) big congrats for getting published.wahoo!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations on once again being published in this sketch book. I often pull photos of my children and grandchildren off Facebook. You made an awesome layout with this photo.

Leonie said...

I can see myself having to resort to this method in the future to get pics of the kids. It looks good in B&W and the bokeh looks cool. Boohoo on the car breakdown. what a bummer!

Jasmine S said...

Love those colours against the black background. Hope working life is agreeing with you :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This one really caught me eye. Fab layout! Love the colours and the elements that you chose. All really work well to showcase the photo. Such fun journaled story and I enjoyed your post back story.

Congrats on the pub.:)

sandi said...

This is fabulous! Love everything about it! Great pic too!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your clean&simple style, Helen. You are so versatile! So sorry about the car :(

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Whoo hoo Congrats!! Awesome layout!! xoxoxo

Carin McDonough said...

Fab layout Helen, I think it is nice to try different styles. I have some wood-grain Washi and love it! :)

Bellaidea said...

What a cool page!

Alison said...

It IS a different style for you...love it!
Alison xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Very cool layout...has a great funky feel to it! Love the fresh look! ;-)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This is fabulous Helen! Congrats on being pubbed in it again!!!