Wednesday 6 March 2013

Beats by Dr. Dre Layout {Purple Pumpkin} Echo Park





A new month is upon us & that means a new sketch is up at Purple Pumpkin HERE.  Head on over to check out the awesome spin on it from the Design Team - they did a stunning job with it this month.  We choose the best layout each month & feature the top 3.  You DO NOT have to use Purple Pumpkin stash on your layout although of course we ♥ it if you do :)


I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this layout!  I did this one evening when I was constantly disturbed so it happened in about FOUR different installments.  BUT I think it turned out great!  SO maybe there's something to be said for creating in itty little bits - have HAD to do that lately!!


Just loving that DYMO TAPE & all those happy, spotty Purple Pumpkin buttons! Yes, this page brings a smile to my face, just like that gorgeous girl who is happiest with her headphones on, at the age of 12!  Well I guess it must be the influence of 3 teenage siblings...


Crazy about that background.  I used mist - a TINY drop in the cap of my water jar.  Diluted with various amounts of water on a brush.  I am IN LOVE with water-colour backgrounds & finally I did one of my own!  Thank you KIM PRICE for your never-ending, awesome stream of drop-dead gorgeous layouts.  


Even my 'not too bothered' teenage son was impressed!  "It's the white" he said.  Good thing too, seeing as I have 35 sheets of the stuff in my stash!!  I ran out once & have never recovered :)  Before I forget - the sketch - right click girls, you know you want to!





27 comments:

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Absolutelly gorgeous...love themodern look of this page.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love love those bright happy colors!!

Tracey said...

Such fabulous colours on here Helen!! So bright and fun!!

Svetlana Austin said...

wow, Helen!!! this is amazing! so striking and cool! you kind of showed a different side of your pretty girl. love all the color and craziness!

Sandi Smith said...

I can understand why you love it cause I love it too!!!!

MelB said...

Definitely my fav layout of yours to date - just love it!

Denise Price said...

Such a great, youthful feel to this page.

I agree about the white cs; I buy it in bulk, b/c you can never have too much.

Bellaidea said...

Great work, no wonder she likes it!!!

Romy said...

Wow, such an awesome and festive lay-out. I love the bright colours and the beautiful brads!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yep, it rocks - & the fab Kim is SUCH an inspiration & I really, REALLY like how you've used the bottle top buttons:):):)

Keren Tamir said...

Wow it's fabulous Helen!! Love the brightness of the yellow in contrast with those buttons. And she looks amazing

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful Helen...love your background and the super mix of papers and accents! Sometimes it helps to have interruptions, because when you get back to your desk, then one normally looks at the page with new eyes!!! ;-)

yyam said...

Super page. Love the bold colours here. And the angled photo. Really graphic and artsy!

Leonie said...

Just lovely! the water colour effect looks great! I've been experimenting with them myself. Lots of fun to do.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Helen, I can tell you you rock...but you know that already. It is just amazing how beautiful your layouts are...you go from lots of flowers and bling to this more modern style and it always looks so perfect ♥

sandi said...

Wow! What a super cool lo! Love it!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Super cool layout!!! Love the black against the bold/bright background and the buttons!!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

gorgeous! and as always love your yours of bright colors:)

Dani Cristina said...

Fabulous work,love your background and sweet photo :)
xx

Marjie Kemper said...

I love it, too! Just might have to CASE here as my 15 y/o is also never without his beats. LOVE this!!

Unknown said...

beautifully scrapped!

hugs carla

Mitralee said...

Loving the water color background. I decided that beats must mean headphones there. I was confused for a bit...We call them ear buds too....

I think it's awesome we have different words for things!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

AWESOME! I can see why you love it. I love everything about it too. This layout absolutely rocks!:)

Heather Jacob said...

oozing with gorgeousness xoxox

Rachael Funnell said...

YES! I AGREE TOTALLY L.O.V.E this layout... & that watercolor background LOOKS AMAZING!! It is soooo AWESOME of Kim to share this with US all!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your bright background and the stamping, Helen!

Eila Sandberg said...

Happy happy and just so fab Helen! love all the brights and that cute piccie of Cami! xoxox