Wednesday 27 March 2013

Bali Memories - Purple Pumpkin {Get Creative Sketch}





Hello!  I shared this layout a while back, at Purple Pumpkin, and need to get it up here before the end of the month BECAUSE I used the lovely sketch at GET CREATIVE & want to link up!  Get Creative is a great little challenge blog owned by a dear friend of mine, Irini Liola, from Greece. 


This sketch challenge is open for another THREE DAYS so anyone still in the mood for creating {as opposed to being 'all scrapped out' like me!!} why not enter?  Up for grabs is a GUEST DESIGNER SPOT & those are always fun for meeting new people & getting your pages out & about to a different audience!

And while I'm at it, don't forget about the sketch challenge held EVERY MONTH at PURPLE PUMPKIN.  No need to use Purple Pumpkin stuff (although of course if you have it we ♥ to see it) & we feature the top 3 each month & the winner gets a pack of Purple Pumpkin goodies.  Who wouldn't want that?  You still have a few more days on that one too and here's the sketch as a reminder...


I've copied & pasted my Purple Pumpkin post below.  

Hi ladies!  Hope you are well!!  We have a public holiday today in South Africa, where I live, so I am soooo happy about that!!!  I am going to spend some of my day scrapping of course!  Today I am sharing a layout with you that I created using the latest sketch at Get Creative.  


I used all sorts of things from Purple Pumpkin on this page, namely the yoyo flower, wooden buttons, fabric buttons, twine, crochet flower & doily.  Hmmm, that's quite a lot isn't it?!


I'm so into yellow at the moment I don't know what to do with myself!  Everything I touch ends up swiped with my yellow inkpad!!  Above you can see a wooden Purple Pumpkin button that I have done just that to!  You can buy them HERE & recolour them to whatever colour you like (psst...I suggest yellow!)


As you can see I used a lot of twine too.  Rather than structured swirls I twisted the twine & let it drop into organic ones instead.  ♥♥♥ !!!  Buy your twine HERE - it's cheap & something with a million uses.  If it ever goes out of fashion in scrapbooking I'll be wrapping my gifts in it :)


The glittery bits you can see on the wooden buttons are Distress Stickles that I added once my inking was dry (just use a heat gun to speed up the process!) & don't worry about the print on the buttons - if you want to paint some up just flip them over & use the plain side!


See the pearl button above?  I took that off the yoyo flower & replaced it with a fabric button instead.  Of course I wasn't going to waste the pearl centre though so there it is!  Buy your patterned fabric buttons in the store HERE.  I don't see the yoyo flowers in stock right now but don't forget about the SALE coming up tomorrow - you may see some there!


Fabric button & twine!  Two very simple "staples" that look good with everything if you ask me!  Well I hope you enjoyed my page today.  It will be up on my blog some time next week. 

Don't forget about the Purple Pumpkin Design Team call as you only have a few days to get your applications in - I hope you try out!!

 If you haven't entered the giveaway on my blog I would love for you to join in - see it on my blog here!

*** Supplies are a mix of 'older'collection papers from Cosmo Cricket, Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye & Glitz Design.  Chipboard is from the fabulous Scrapmatts.  View their store HERE & SHOP!





23 comments:

Irini said...

Helen WOW WOW what an amazing layout!
I love how you coordinated the colours with the melons and all the fabulous details!
What can I say am so happy you found the time to play along with us as I know how hectic life is!!!
hugz
irini

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous Helen!! I loveeeeeeee all the bits of yellow and loving that photo!!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love what you've done here Helen! Soooooooooooo upbeat and gorgeous!

Sandie said...

Helen, how inspiring is this and what a wonderful take on the sketch challenge. I adore the way you wound string into the page, it really does look amazing and totally eye-catching. Sorry I haven't been around, life is still frantic with so much happening. Hope you're doing well...x

juscrap said...

Soo beautiful my dear! I loved this page so cheerful and colorful.hugs

Keren Tamir said...

Wow I just love how you use these purple pumpkin embellies. You are a pro at them. This LO looks fantastic!!

topkatnz said...

Wow lots going on there! Such a great trip you had:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and sunshine-y layout, Helen! I just love the bright happy colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

pure eye-candy Helen!!
Love your work with layers and the way you add them under and over your main element ;-)
Thank YOu~

Lizzy Hill said...

Love this snap....adore PP & the pile of goodies you've used & I just realised I didn't do their sketch this month!!! That's so not like me......bit late now I guess....glad you're yellow addicted...looks fab on your LOs !!!!!!

Bellaidea said...

What a fresh and pretty page Helen, just wonder why Mr Butler did not take this photo with you in it:), hugs!!! I like those sketches!

Jasmine S said...

Great colours for the page Helen. Love that photo of the fam and the details like the twine and buttons are fabulous. I'm sure you wish you were back there.....

Mitralee said...

Yellow is always an awesome choice! Love your organic twine look. I used it myself on a layout the other day, after you talked about it on your blog. I think it's nice to layer like that!
Love your page, what are your peeps drinking out of? They look crazy!

FiKenward said...

Fabulous layout and close ups Helen. Have a wonderful Easter.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...love all the detail...all the way to the tiny bling on the leaves and flowers. Yellow is such a happy colour that I totally understand your love for it right now. Very funky use of twine Helen.

Sophia said...

Great LO and photo of your family...love all the little details!

Marjie Kemper said...

How fabulous! I think you need to buy a shadow box and put them up in your home... don't tuck it away in an album. Such a wonderful moment captured.

Denise Price said...

Great family photo! Love the way you used yellow in so many places on this happy layout.

Linda Eggleton said...

Loving the bright pops of yellow Helen !
Gorgeous layout and fabo take on the sketch :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, a really stunning layout ... love your use of colours and the layout your arranged your embellies! Fabulous!!! Thanks for playing with us at Get Creative!

yyam said...

Ooooh...love the yummy colours and amazing textures here. Just lovelovelove the way you use your twine!

geoleoan said...

super layout!!!!!!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Just love it when you go bright and bold, totally pops off the page with delish happiness! Wouldn't mind a day or to at that Bali villa!! hugs and kisses