Tuesday 19 March 2013

'You & Me' for My Creative Scrapbook {Dear Lizzy for American Crafts}




Hi everyone!  I'm back to share my second layout created with the March Main kit at My Creative Scrapbook.  This kit is LUSH & is available for purchase HERE.  If you are looking for a kit club this is it!!   


The kits are always JAM-PACKED with the latest & greatest of everything & there are FOUR different kits for sale each month.  From the main kit you can easily get 4 - 6 layouts.  I did 5 this month & I still have leftovers!  The design team gallery HERE is full of inspiration for you & the BLOG is constantly updated with tips & tricks, tutorials & the many designers innovative works. 


I chose a photo of my daughter & her boyfriend as I noticed that their skin tones, illuminated thanks to flash photography {I didn't take the photo, I 'stole' it off her Facebook page!} matched perfectly with the background paper.  I am 100% IN LOVE with those GOLD title stickers!!


I added the black ink splats to my base paper before anything else {to avoid messing up my photo obviously} Recently I've started putting my paper ON THE FLOOR when doing this - so that the splat! hits the paper from a distance as it ends up being more SPLATTY!!


I used a simple bubble punch design from Martha Stewart, in keeping with the youthful feel of the supplies & page.  I think the typewriter image at the base of the page is just adorable, in fact I think that Liz Kartchner is adorable and anything that she does is just so uber cool!!


I used the Prima Lattice Mask, supplied with the kit, just under my photos (you can see it peeking out top left) but I used it instead as a STAMP by inverting it and simply pressing it onto the paper).  The colour is Shimmerz Eggnog mixed with the greens & yellows that were already on my mask from my previous layout.  It looked metallic & interesting I think.  I love the die-cut look that a doily always adds so I cut one in half & slipped it under my title to ground it.  

Thank you so much for your visit today!  Did you see I have moved over to Blog Lovin'?  You can subscribe to me there if you would like {I have added the button in my sidebar} as rumour has it Google Reader is closing down soon.  



18 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous work! It's got a really 'fresh' feel to it - love your little doily tucked in, too - they do add that finishing touch, I think:):):)

Leonie said...

Oh this is just so lovely Helen. The 5th and frolic range is just gorgeous. Love the little clipboard elements. :)

Cindy Fortin said...

Beautiful work Helen! I like the soft colors and the clipboards.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Helen! I love love love those clipboards and that tree is amazing!! Love it!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page as always Helen! Love the special, little details and the super photo! ;-))

sandi said...

Wow! Love, love, love what you've done here Helen! Looks so fun and sweet with all the bits and pieces!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a fun & funky design! I just love it!!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

as always wonderful! i will rely you soon%) most probably tmrw morning though:)

Unknown said...

wow beautifully scrapped with the kit my friend

hugs carla

Keren Tamir said...

Love the LO and great photo of the two if them! I also really live your beautiful handwriting.

FiKenward said...

This gorgeous Helen, love those little clip boards they add such a sweet element to the page and I love how you have journalled as well. Gorgeous photo.

yyam said...

Really lovely. Fabulous colours and details!:)

Unknown said...

What a fun page, Helen. I've really enjoyed watching your style evolve- it's awesome! And your daughter and her boyfriend make a gorgeous couple :)- they look so happy!!

xErin

Mitralee said...

It's my second peep at this one. I have this vision of you splattering, but I think it's a good point. It's hard to get a good splatter that looks well, splattery!

Marjie Kemper said...

Those keys are a super touch, and you know I love how you use your arrows so effectively. A beautiful photo as well!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

What a gorgeous couple and great photo. Beautiful layout to showcase them.:)

Sandie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous LO, love the tree and the way you added the journaling!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Adorable page and adorable couple! my gosh how cute they are together! Only working 3 days next week and then the boss is off on Easter hols, ergo follows I will telework from home. Are you doing anything special for Easter? or just going to put your feet up and enjoy some time off. Cheers! xoxo