Wednesday 13 March 2013

'The Adventure Begins' Layout - Purple Pumpkin - Once Upon a Sketch - Glitz Design Color Me Happy





Hi Girls :)  I'm blogging over at the Purple Pumpkin blog today so I've just COPIED AND PASTED my post from over there BUT go along to the blog & check out the DESIGN TEAM CALL!  You could just be in PURPLE PUMPKIN HEAVEN for the next 6 months if you are accepted!!  So check through those layouts & send in a few that have Purple Pumpkin (or similar type) embellishments. 
 That's practically all there is to it!  

Meanwhile DON'T FORGET my giveaway HERE and please help spread the word for me ladies!  I'm really wanting to hit 500 followers asap this year!!  Greedy I know but I love to blog & would like to increase my readership - makes it all worthwhile!  I am into YEAR FIVE now so I think 100 followers a year for a busy blog isn't overshooting it.  Aaaanyway... here we go! 


{I'm also entering this layout over at Once Upon a Sketch this month, where the theme is WEEKENDS.  I chose to document a weekend away & also the special relationship my 2 very different sons have with each other.  ROTATED THE SKETCH CLOCKWISE.}


Hello there Purple Pumpkin fans!  HELEN here again today, sharing a layout with you that I have just created for the current challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch.  The theme is WEEKENDS & I turned the sketch on it's side to accommodate my landscape photo orientation.


I used the new Glitz Design 'Color Me Happy' papers as I am a fan of bright colours & this is really one HAPPY collection!  I have used tonnes of Purple Pumpkin goodies on this one.  Can you spot them all?!?  


Instead of masking I used this fantastic hexagon paper from Glitz Design Cashmere Dame collection.  My trusty dymo was used for some of my journaling.  I have 2 dymos, each slightly different, as you can see by the bigger & smaller fonts above.  You can JUST see that happy yellow XL button peeking out from under the photo there.  Buy that HERE.  


I LOVED layering things up as you can see!  And of course I added in a couple of tickets on each side of my cluster.  They are available from Purple Pumpkin HERE.  See that printed button by the date sticker?  You can purchase that one HERE.  


There's another fabric button tucked underneath the title, see?  And there are also a few wooden hearts dotted around my page (I simply recoloured them using a red inkpad first).  There is also a large printed wooden button up on the left by the location cutout. 


Those Purple Pumpkin hearts echoed the hearts in the paper collection so well as you can see.


Why not try to find a patterned paper in your own stash that you can cut out in this way?  It was FUN let me tell you!!


I fussy-cut my title from a sheet of patterned paper from the same collection {Glitz Design Color Me Happy} & used one of their cardstock stickers for my journaling.  


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my new creation today!
Don't forget that there is a DESIGN TEAM CALL at Purple Pumpkin right now & we would LOVE to see some of you apply.  ALL of you in fact!!

I have a BIG GIVEAWAY going on right now over at my personal blog HERE and I would love it if you came & paid me a bloggy visit & signed up.  Got to be in it to win it!!

Happy Hump Day everyone :)



24 comments:

Unknown said...

hey dear Helen ,you amazing every time with your beautiful design work and I love so the layering page for this cool boy .
sooo gorgeous .
I think I give it a try the design time call thank you for let us now!!

having a wonderful day
hugs Carla

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous...I really like your boy LOs & that hexagon paper works a treat! Loving those red hearts, too....amongst all the other YUMMY PP goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your car is back & wondering about your computer?????

topkatnz said...

Very cool take on that sketch:)

Lizzyc said...

Amazing male layout! love the hexagons and all the layers around the photo!!

Helena said...

Love your take on the challenge Helen! Such a joyous and funky page. Love that hexagon paper. Thanks for sharing your work at OUAS.

xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! This is AMAZING!! I am LOVING all the hexagons especially the ones behind the photos!!!!

Tracey said...

Love what you did with the hexagon paper! This is stunning!!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your alternative to masking - the hexagon paper. It really makes the LO pop! Your boy pages are so inspiring, Helen.

Unknown said...

Fabulous page, Helen, I really love your layering and awesome bold colors! Fantastic!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awesome masking and awesome layering. Love your work Helen.

Evgenia Petzer said...

amazing! the colors just pop:)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Oh I really like your take Helen! Wonderful layering and details as always! Best of luck in OUAS challenge.

Keren Tamir said...

This looks utterly awesome Helen!! Love how you used the hexagon paper!! Amazing!!!

Unknown said...

WOW amazing layers and details Helen! Love how you have interpreted the sketch! hope you are well :)x

FiKenward said...

This is a fabulous masculine page Helen, great layering of products and how sweet are those tiny little hearts. Who said you need all the tizz from flowers to make a spectacular page. Stunning!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is a gorgeos layout Helen and love how you have layered and used your papers! Love the styling...you did a super job! ;-)

Anonymous said...

this is just a layout as i love, with a mix of beautiful colours !

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous masculine page, Helen!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

EFI said...

WOOOW Helen!!! I love your take on the challenge and the great layering!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing work with us at OUAS!

Sandie said...

What a charming LO for a charming young man, and I so love how you added in the stamped images to match the paper, looks way cool!! I always enjoy seeing all your elements and layers Helen!

Unknown said...

Good luck Helen, I love your design!

Christy said...

I just LOOOOVE the color contrast in this one!

Marjie Kemper said...

The honeycomb is so bold! Love it against your bright colors.

Eila Sandberg said...

This one's really so COOL and funky!! love what you did with the hexagons. Bold and strong! xoxox