Thursday 14 March 2013

A Publication, a Win & a Bit of News...





Hi girls!  Yes I am short of things to blog about right now & short on time to visit all my favourite blogs!!  Just a quick one to let you know I have a layout in Scrap 365 this month.  It has now become a bi-monthly magazine (with double the content) so I'm in the March/April issue.  It's a never-seen-before-online page so soon enough I will be able to share it here but not JUST yet. 

You can purchase a subscription to Scrap 365 HERE & snag some freebie Flairs while you are at it!  It's a UK publication & is available in the US & we can even get it here in South Africa!!  


I always love the covers - they are so pretty!  Well Cami was on one a couple of issues ago remember :)  And more good news!  I won Keren's challenge on Yvonne's blog HERE with this page.  


On the personal front things are challenging for me right now. I still have no computer & am working off a very slow laptop. My hard-drive is in Johannesburg where they are trying to piece my hard-drive back together at vast expense.  Fortunately my car is back now but a week of hired car charges & a R10 000 workshop bill is a bit depressing.  

 I put my back out over the weekend doing some DIY work around the house & this week has been unrelenting as hubby is away on business & I have been fetching and carrying kids until late at night as they have had school plays, talent shows & football practices.  {All at different times and locations as they are all at different schools!  I know, crazy right?!?  But that's the way it has to be right now}  Hubs is in China ATM & has been in hospital there, unexpectedly of course, so it has been a fraught week to say the least.  

I owe you a visit please forgive me!!  I am also inundated with DT work right now & finding very little time this month to do much of it due to my circumstances, but hoping that this weekend will give me more of an opportunity :)



24 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

WOOT! WOOT! on the layout in mag..... also! CONGRATS on the Win! WTG!
I hear YA with the running around & I have only 2 kids... LOL! Bummer about the personal things going on ATM... Hopefully things get better REAL soon! x

Channa said...

Hi helen!! Congrats on the publications, gorgeous lo!!! WOW!! And i wish you luck with your computer problems. Have a good weekend, Channa

Sandi Smith said...

Congrats on your publication and I hope things slow down for you real soon!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Congrats on the pub and the win! I loved, loved. loved that page when you posted it. Oh I hope things get back to a managable level with everything in working order and everyone feeling better. Hang in there my friend. Hugs:)

Kerryn said...

Congratulations on the win and publications :). As for the other stuff, as I have come to learn, it's all about priorities. As much as we all enjoy a bit of blog hopping sometimes life and family just have to take priority :). Hope life slows down a touch for you soon. x

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Helen!
Well, we all go through these mad times ;-)
Don't worry, we're not going anywhere!
Good Luck with everything!

FiKenward said...

Congrats Helen and can't wait to see your creations. Take Care Fi

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the pub! That is AWESOME!! And so sorry everything has been so hard lately ... {{{hugs}}}

Denise van Deventer said...

Hey girl...congrats on the win and publication...I love Scrap 365, and certainly buyt it, when we EVETUALLY get it here!!! ;-)
Sorry you have had a trying/hectic week...the weekend is upon us and hope you find some time relief!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations on the publication. Hope you get your back sorted soon...backache really drains one's energy.

Adriana B said...

congrats Helen well done.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend, take care :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Congratulations!!! Well done you:):):) Shame about all the other stuff going on in your life, eh???!!! I'm hoping your weekend is FUN & PRODUCTIVE:):):)

Mitralee said...

So last night I turned the oven on to bake some cookies. Don't get excited, it was premade dough. ;-) An hour later the hubby got home and said, you turned that on before I left....are you trying to heat the house with the oven? And what were you doing that instead of baking those cookies? I was like, well looking up printers of course! And GUESS WHAT, AMAZON SHIPS TO SOUTH AFRICA. He shook his head and walked away. I mean, that is important news there...and he is worried about a little heat...hmmm.

Anyhow, I certainly hope things get better for you on the electronic front. You do tend to make lemon-aide when you get a few lemons. Really shocked to hear your hubby is in the hospital. That is scary stuff right there.

Will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers for sure.

sandi said...

Wow! Love everything about this fabulous lo! Congrats on your publication! Yeah!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on your publication and on the challenge win with your gorgeous LO!! I'm so sorry about all your computer problems. They've hit you one after another. I hope you get it resolved for good this time. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Keren Tamir said...

Congrats congrats congrats woohoo!!!

Linda Eggleton said...

WTG Helen...congrats on your cover & win...that is awesome!

Gosh, you sure aren't having a good week :( I hope your back is feeling better & your hubby is ok?!? Don't worry too much about not having time to visit blogs...your family & YOU come first. Take care & I hope you enjoy your weekend & have a better week next week! :) x

Unknown said...

Congrats, Helen! Sorry to hear about your back, believe me I know your pain :( Also sorry to hear about hubby in the hospital, hope all is well!
I know it can be a struggle juggling things and still making scrappy time! Hang in there!

Sandie said...

Congratulations Helen on the publication, I really enjoy reading Scrap365 magazine, and am able to grab a copy here where I live every now and then. Might have to look into a subscription. Sorry to hear things have been a little rough of late, and I really do hope they improve for you .. sending lots of positive your way.....xxx

Leonie said...

Oh sounds like you have A LOT going on at the moment Helen!! Most importantly I hope healthwise you and your Husband are back on track quick smart. I saw this magazine for the first time just recently and would love to start subscribing (it was the edition with Cami on the cover too ;) ). Congrats on this new layout you have published. Take Care. x

Sandie said...

P.S I went and subscribed to Scrap365 :-) Looking forwards to 'seeing' ....hope you're having a better week Helen and catching up on everything. xx

Unknown said...

wowzers big congrats on your cover
so amazing girl .
take care my friend

hugs carla

Marjie Kemper said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! Richly deserved. Beautiful work!

Eila Sandberg said...

YUP! this is the one! Woot woot for ya!! and another shout out for your win!
My goodness dear sweet Helen, I had no idea things were this tough for you. How is Shane, out of hospital yet? when's he coming home? And still the computer problems! You sure are a super trooper sweetie!! Are you still working full time in the office on top everything? Lots and lots of hugs to you!!!