Sunday 17 March 2013

"Cherish" Layout for My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club using Dear Lizzy (American Crafts) 5th & Frolic





Hello there & happy Sunday to you all (well all of you to the West of me) Happy Monday to the rest of ya! I've had a GREAT weekend so am in a very good mood :)  I have plenty of blogging &  blog hopping to catch up on because...I have been busy SCRAPPING!!  I have plenty to show for it so better get to it!

I have been working on this wonderful new kit from My Creative Scrapbook - available for purchase HERE.  As usual it is chockablock full of beautiful papers & embellishments & I managed to create FIVE layouts with it & could have continued if I had the time!  You can easily get 6 or 7 layouts out of this kit - or 5 layouts & quite a few cards.  Great value!!


I really loved the lightness & whimsy of the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic papers & tried to create an ombre effect here with my misting.


The "Cherish" title at the top was cut from the Prima Packaging that came behind the flowers & on the little wooden embellishments (which by the way are just adorable.)


We got a whole pack of sentiment stickers (which contained 2 sheets) so adding all the sentiments and other bits & bobs was really easy.  I just lifted some up to 3D them (using foam tape, 3D glue dots and box cardboard).


I used my stapler a lot as I was going for the casual "thrown together" look that I am so in love with at the moment.  The blue strip you see above is one of the identification strips from the bottom of one of the patterned papers (I used a lot of those!)


Hand journaling to keep it quick & easy & using up some of my pile of Mini-Instax photos as I was inspired to do that by the polaroid patterned paper.  I'm also enjoying embellishing with string & thread at the moment (loopy de loop style!) Can't get much cheaper than that :)


Everything comes from the kit except for the bubble punch, which is from Martha Stewart, the doilies from Bo Bunny, the mists from Tattered Angels (Lemon Zest & Key Lime) & Custard Mr. Huey from Studio Calico, the staples, black journaling pen (Schachihata 0.4), the string & the pink inkpad from Doodlebug - which I used to recolour the wooden Prima flowers.

I'm sorry the photos are not 100% clear.  I resized them down from 800x800 to 600x600 so that I could get them to fit into my blog template but am not happy with the result :(  so will revert back in future but for now all my kit club DT work is already edited & in draft this way.

Thanks for visiting & have a fantastic week everyone!



17 comments:

Tracey said...

Just beautiful Helen!! I love this!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo beautiful! I love love love love the photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeee the tree stump!!

FiKenward said...

Great photos and fun page with some very sweet elements. These would have fitted in perfectly with project life as well. Lovely work as always Helen.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous page - love the misted background! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Leonie said...

Oh what a cool layout! The 'casually thrown together' look is gorgeous!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fun, fun fun - that's what this LO screams....just gorgeous, Helen...I really like the 'thrown together' look [even if it is NOT actually thrown together!!!]...saw you over at Lessology, too.....glad you had a good weekend. They help, don't they??!!!!:):):) Thanks for the blog love - always a PLEASURE having you visit:):):)

Alison said...

Glad you've had a creative weekend...layout is fab..loving that yellow!
Alison xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Love all the special little details Helen! I love the colouring and your misting is super! I definitely need a damask mask like yours!! ;-))

sandi said...

Wow Helen! This is fabulous! Love the mix and your background. Super great pics to!

Denise Price said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend, especially after all the difficulties you wrote about in your previous post. You deserve a break!

Your Lo turned out really fresh and youthful-looking. I love all the bits and bobs that you incorporated.

Evgenia Petzer said...

fantastic job!

juscrap said...

Gorgeous page! love the misted background! xoxo

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow! Look at these yummy layers ;-)
really pretty layout Helen!
TFS~

Mitralee said...

LOOK at that yummy yellow! Glad you're using the stapler and that loopy thread thing, rocks! Great look...Super awesome page!

Keren Tamir said...

This is such a sweet LO Helen!! Love the brightness of it and love the pictures they are awesome.

Sandie said...

Ohhh it is so nice Helen to see the variations from the different designers..... love your layout, it is so beautiful and I love how you combined so many photo's.... beautiful!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE the brightness of the colours, perfect for this page! Got Scrap 365 magz in the mail some days ago and looks who's got several pages in there! WTG yeeehaaa! xoxoxo