Friday 22 March 2013

'Strong' for My creative Scrapbook {Dear Lizzy/Prima}




Here is my last layout created for My Creative Scrapbook, using their main kit this month.  I made a tutorial to go along with it that I will be sharing here next.  I also have some exciting news about a Guest Designer spot I have at the moment & will be sharing that with you next week!


I try to ensure that I never 'leave anyone out' when I scrapbook.  I would hate for any of my kids to think that I was favouring or disregarding them, so I made sure to include a photo of each one of them in my kit club creations this month.  


This is my eldest son Jack.  I printed out the photographs with a vignette that matched the colour of the base paper, that I reserved from the kit especially for this page.


I used my dymo to journal & lots of little bits of the Prima packaging for my layers.


I cut the penant flag out of the Prima packaging too & attached it with a staple.  The whole concept behind this style of scrapbooking is that it is 'free & easy' - of course everything still needs to be aligned correctly but it is not necessary to use rolls & rolls of double-sided tape or gallons of glue - it is meant to look dimensional so a blob in the middle is just fine.



I used the Lattice mask from Prima, along with some Maya Road mist in Charcoal, to create the strong, dark base on which to ground my photo & other elements.  I also used string for a neutral & casual (not to mention inexpensive!) embellishment. 

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL weekend! Here ours is four days long this week so I am one happy scrapper right now!!




25 comments:

Denise Price said...

Ooh, that charcoal misting creates such a strong statement, and it goes well with your Dymo tape journaling, too. Great page, and you know I love the recycled packaging!

Michelle said...

This is such a fabulous page!! The photos just pop! Way to go with recycling the packaging and I love the masking! Kids are off all next week. The teenager has been in a mood today, so I am not so sure how the week will go. Definitely not the way to behave when you want a birthday party and your birthday is next weekend. LOL I swear, it something with them when they hit about 15. The other was the same way too. LOL Enjoy your long weekend!!

Gayle Price said...

Love this page. Subtly masculine with the neutral colours and minimal embellishment, perfect. Have your self a great long weekend.

Tracey said...

Absolutely love this page Helen! Amazing work and the photos are fantastic!!

FiKenward said...

Have to say I love this one, the colours although soft are still masculine, one of my faves of yours. Have a fabulous weekend Helen.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Helen and your son is very handsome too :)
I have never done scrapbooking but I love following yours and many others blogs so that one day when I am brave enough, I will know what to do!
Pearl x

Lizzy Hill said...

There is a simplicity about this one that I really like, Helen - makes it seem 'strong' - & that masking & dark mist??? YUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!! Totally ROCKS....great snaps, too---aren't you a good Mum??!!!! Sharing the love around...have a fabulicious LOOONG weekend:):):)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love the clean and simple lines of this one and the photo layering. Wonderful layout!:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love those photos, the colors and the layers!!

Mitralee said...

yet again with the staples, love spotting thme!

Do you have an colored ones? I should send you some! Making a little Helen pile now.

How is the new school going?

Love your new look!!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amazing masculine page, Helen!! Love your layering and that tucked in Prima packaging!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Elaine coustley said...

Loving your layout I am leaning towards using my dymo for some wording it looks great. x

Lauren T said...

The pops of yellow looks great. Such a cost-effective LO. :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fabulous guy page, Helen! The black looks striking with the lighter colors. Your boy is so handsome!

Keren Tamir said...

I know just what you mean about leaving one out of LOs I feel I do more girly LOs for sure but I do try to balance it with boy pages.
Love the LO and all the little details.

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh wow! this is such a modern cool page, really love it when you journal with dymo tape and I already know that you're a wizz recycling stuff. Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! xoxoxo

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning masculine page. Love the empty space in the photos.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the color scheme, great way to make a boy page!!

yyam said...

Really cool. Love how the photos have a moodiness to them...juxtaposes really well with title word "strong".
Love the use of black as a grounding colour. Such a cool graphic feel to it! :)

Jasmine S said...

Looks fab Helen. He is so handsome. Love the clean lines and the mix of papers, some of my faves.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Absolutely love the minimalist look, Helen! The picture just pops off the page and the title rocks.

Denise van Deventer said...

Looove the clean lines on this and love the photo's! LOL....it's great that you scrap of all the kids...I guess one must be fair! I am lucky...only have 1!! ;-))

Sandie said...

Gorgeous! Love the masking, and your darling son is so cute... I feel for him changing schools, though I'm sure he'll be a Mr Popular. :-)

Val-Belle said...

Just beautiful. Love the prima packaging too. :)

Mrs Frizz said...

packaging these days is so easy to use as an embellishment or another layer and I truly believe that everyone should be using some, or if not, all ... of it ... fabbo layout too by the way.