Wednesday 21 November 2012

All Grown Up Layout {Purple Pumpkin/Riddersholm Design/Imaginarium Design}




Hi everyone!  This layout has just gone live at 
Purple Pumpkin HERE today!!

I used up the last of my Riddersholm papers from my 
C'est Magnifique Guest Designer stint a few months back.
I mixed my Purple Pumpkin product with Imaginarium Designs
chipboard & cut that awesome chippie butterfly right down the
middle and popped him on opposite corners of my photograph!
I layered up tonnes of Purple Pumpkin loveliness - 
fabric button (polka dots) plus doilies & crochet lace too.
My title and cogs also come from Imaginarium Designs
and my stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.
I did all sorts of things to that chipboard :)  I painted it
first with black, then again with crackle-paint & lastly 
went over it with ink & distress stain in random places. 
I used up the negative sheet from the cogs as a rectangular
mat behind my photograph, together with one of the
 Imaginarium Designs fancy filigree corners.
Layers are key to achieving this look!
I tucked in a little piece of Imaginarium Design picket fencing too.
The paisley button on the left is from Purple Pumpkin available HERE.
as my starting point.
Supplies List for "All Grown Up" Layout

Papers - Riddersholm Design - Huntington Garden - Pavillion
6" Chicken Wire Template - The Crafter's Workshop
Black Paint - Making Memories
Distress Stain - Tarnished Brass - Ranger
Crackle Paint - Antique Linen - Ranger
Inks - Toffee (Color Box) Teak Wall (Prima)
Doilies - Store bought
Doily Die-Cuts - Quickkutz Nesting Doily Circles
Die-cut used on photo - Spellbinders - Labels Seventeen
All chipboard - Imaginarium Designs
All embellishments - Purple Pumpkin
Pen - Shachihata




27 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning Helen. Love the monochromatic feel to this as well.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Evgenia Petzer said...

Helen, i love all these brown shades!!! so lovely!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layout. Only you can manage to make butterflies, doilies and blooms look manly.

Leonie said...

Beautiful layering Helen. I like the edge on your photo, very nice!

Leonie said...

Beautiful layering Helen. I like the edge on your photo, very nice!

Tracee said...

Love all the layers and the colour palette is beautiful Tx

Lynnda said...

Wow what a stunning layering Helen!! Loving the earthy colors here!! Gorgeous layout !! Hugs xoxo

Heather McMahon said...

Ooh Helen - this is delicious! I love your chipboard treatments and I especially love your use of the empty chippie cog pack!

Svetlana Austin said...

stunning LO, Helen! love all the layering and texturing and the colors are just gorgeous!

Sandie said...

yum! Gorgeous layers, so much to look at and I really like what you did with the Imaginarium Designs chipboard, fabulous Helen. Fantastic photo too (as always)!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE these colours & that bg butterfly & the texture....very yummy:):):) And masculine!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely STUNNING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the shape of the photo, the big butterfly, the flowers... just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is absolutely stunning Helen! I love the rich colors and embellies you used....wow! So inspiring!

Keren Tamir said...

this is so beautiful and so different from your usual!! still within your style but using neutral colors. I love it!! I love the masking and the techniques on the chipboard

Cariena said...

i really like this layout!!!

Unknown said...

wow so gorgeous design loved!!

Alison said...

Such rich colours Helen...love it!
Alison xx

Kerryn said...

I love this one so much Helen. The colours and texture are divine!

Gayle Price said...

Such a wonderful page...love it ! The detailed layers are amazing. This would have to be a favourite. xx

juscrap said...

Love all the layers and the colour palette is beautiful. xoxo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is a fantastic layout Helen!!! :D

Marjie Kemper said...

Chipboard, and lace, and gears, and doilies... the list of textures goes on and on. I just LOVE it!

Marília Lopes said...

Wonderful!!
I loved the colors, the flower and painting the chippie was fantastic!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what an amazing masculine page!! Love how you used your negative "waste" in your layers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Rachael Funnell said...

How TOTALLY AWESOME is this layout Helen... GREAT color combo nice & rich!!Sooo LOVIN all the layers in this 1!!!
OH! BTW are you insane.... LOL! you went and commented on all my blog posts & yes I did read all the comments you left!! Your the Sweetest & I Love you just as much too...♥

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your masculine page and congrats on your recent successes!

Jasmine S said...

Oh wow. This is sensational. Love the colours and the details are beautiful against the fab pic of your men.