Sunday 18 November 2012

I was Interviewed by Scrap Friends! Inspired to Scrap!! By Me?!?






Hi there everyone!  How's the weekend been?  Over for some of my 
Eastern friends already & still a bit more left for you lucky ducks
 in the West.  Here in Africa I am slap bang in the middle of the world, 
yet so often I feel very isolated & like a stranger on my own continent.

  The internet connects us all though & it looks like mine is semi-
back-on-track now.  It has been playing nicely most of the weekend
 & I have tried to play catch-up but I still have a list as long as
 both arms of people I owe a bloggy visit!   I will keep at it & get
 around the world eventually!   Meanwhile I have something 
very interesting to share today!!

My sweet friend Lizzy Hill sent me a questionairre a while ago, 
 to fill in & get back to her.  It took quite a bit of thinking
 to get all that into words & did make me wonder how on earth 
I would fare in an ''off-the-cuff'" interview in real life!  
(Or "Live on Ustream" in the cyber-world)
 but it was fun & thought-provoking!  Thanks Lizzy!!

ScrapFriends button

Scrap Friends is a GREAT online store in Queensland, Australia
& is run by one very organised lady, Angela, who did a FANTASTIC
job compiling all my images into the fab photo-strips you see between 
the text.  Scrap Friends has  AMAZING stock - chipboard from Poland,
European papers & the fabulous papers of ILS along with many others!

Scrap Friends has a really interesting blog that you can subscribe
to via e mail, which I personally find very handy, and Angela creates
really artsy sketches a couple of times a month along with lovely
colour palettes for colour challenges too.  You can play along for 
prizes and Guest Designer opportunities too.

 Take a look at the blog HERE and you can read my interview HERE.

  I am so grateful for this fabulous opportunity & would love it if
 you would pop over to Scrap Friends to take a look!  I will publish
my interview here later in the week (for the sake of good record keeping)
but I do have a text tutorial up there too - for this layout.  At last! 






16 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

woo-hoo! congrats!!!

Gayle Price said...

Totally agree, Scrap Friends is great and I'm off to read your interview in a mo. but first I have to say how amazing this page is ! Love how you have created such a dynamic background. xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Awe....shucks...now I'm embarrassed...didn't all the piccies come up well, tho....thank you for being such a GOOD interviewee:):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh how EXCITING!! I love love love love love love your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeee the paint streaks, the colors and loveeeeeeee the flowers!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Tracey said...

Congratulations!!! That layout is freaking GORGEOUS!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yahoo! Congrats Helen! This layout is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Alanna said...

Congratulations!! Your interview rocks :)

Awesome layout too!!

yyam said...

Woohoo! Congrats on being guest designer! :)

Amy Voorthuis said...

Wow Helen, this lo is so very inspiring really adore the colors and the picture is so cute!!!! Big Congrats to you but "hey" you ARE very talented so this was gonna happen someday *grin*....big hugs Amy

Lynette Jacobs said...

Ah, a tutorial of your most beautiful layout ever. Can't wait to see it.

Jasmine S said...

Yay, saw your beautiful face there. Congrats. And I just loooooved that page.

Lynnda said...

Congrats Helen!!! hugs...xoxo

Keren Tamir said...

Just read your interview and of course I'm amazed!! Congrats we'll deserved

Eila Sandberg said...

So so well deserved Helen! really such a fab interview. My goodness, seeing all your pages lined up like that, made me realize how much you produce and none of it looks old and stale. Only fresh and innovative the whole lot! xoxox

Unknown said...

Congrats for the interview, and for this fab page too, can't wait to read your tutorial...

Rachael Funnell said...

WTG! Congrats on the Interview... I will have to admit!! I haven't seen this yet BUT! I will sure pop on over NOW & check this O.U.T!!