Saturday 10 November 2012

My Cute Boy Layout {November Sketch at Les Papiers de Pandore} using Purple Pumpkin Embellishments






Hi Ladies!  I hope your weekend had started off wonderfully!!  
I've had a terrible week of internet issues & my problem seems
unresolvable so it's difficult to stay positive about it but I have 
to try :)  Most times I haven't been able to get online & when I
can I get my next post up then it's gone again...So!  Here we go!!


The beautiful November sketch is up at Les Papiers de Pandore HERE
& anyone with their papers is welcome to enter & upload their creations
to Facebook {have you remembered to LIKE the Pandore page?}.

You never know when Julie may feature your work on the blog or
you may win a random prize pack.  If you want to see Pandore papers
in your local scrapbooking store TELL THEM - retailers are required!!


I stuck to the sketch pretty literally, just flicked it over
 (face down) as it suited for my photo to be more to the right 
of the page than the left.


I used Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers & combined Purple Pumpkin 
embellishments with the Pandore ones {that cool camera badge
 & the cute elephant circle}.


I love the unusual colour scheme of this new collection - 
'Little Winter Circus' & concentrated more on the yellows
for warmth, rather than the aquas, as our seasons here in
Durban are pretty much Summer going into Summer
followed by Summer then finally Summer :)


I inked up all the edges with Prima 'Old Road' ink - a MUST-HAVE
 for your collection.  Definitely my 2012 ink of the year :)


I used a doily together with some Liquid Pearls, to keep things pretty.
The felt hearts, twine, tickets & fabric button are all Purple Pumpkin.


I love that chevron stripe I cut from one of the printed papers.


The oval resin rose is also from Purple Pumpkin,
 as are the fabric buttons.


Using a fine pen (0.4 or under) & drawing faux stitching around the 
edge of the grey print brought more black into the page, which I needed
in order to use the camera badge embellishment.


I fussy-cut the banner from one of the journaling cards
{that come printed together on one 12inch sheet}, added
the sunburst card with a Purple Pumpkin button in the
centre, as an ode to all the sun we get here, and I'm done!

Supplies List for 'My Cute Boy' Layout

Patterned papers - Les Papiers de Pandore - Little Winter Circus
 - Sweet Harlequin, Ball Game, Small Coupons & The Band
Ink - Prima - Old Road
Journal Pen - 0.4 Schachihata
Liquid Pearls by Ranger - Rouge
Alphas - Jenni Bowlin - School House
Doily - stash
Fabric buttons, felt hearts, resin rose, twine & tickets -
all Purple Pumpkin
Camera Badge - Les Papiers de Pandore - Everyday Portraits Collection

*****Order your Pandore products through these retailers HERE*****

*****Shop for your PURPLE PUMPKIN here*****





22 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, at least your post posted...& we can see it..phew!! LOVE all your bits'n'bobs here...especially the PP stuff. Those hearts are especially gorgeous...good luck with the net. VERY frustrating:):):)

juscrap said...

Hi Helen! Gorgeous LO and your boy is so beautiful. Lovely page.Have a nice weekend dear.

Evgenia Petzer said...

i think i woukd live in the coffee shop, if i hhad these type of problem...
oh, thta's really bad.
the layout is nice, love your embellies!

Desire Fourie said...

This is another gorgeous little work of art and I always love how you incorporate personalised journalling with your own handwriting.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you are having internet issues!! That is soooooooooo frustrating!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that photo, the colors and your beautiful layers!!!

Bellaidea said...

Helen, I making space in my studio and moving extra desk in it so you can join me for some time:), badroom, food, fun , INTERNET included:). This is really cute page!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love it that you use your own handwriting on your layouts...such an amazing personal touch.

sandi said...

Oh Helen what a fun and loving lo! Love this! Just so upbeat and happy!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love this picture of Reilly and your funky page with all the cute embellies! You have worked the Pandore papers beautifully. Hope your internet is restored and you are back to creating peacefully!

dstandard said...

Fabulous page HElen and I agree your son is cute! Love all your layers and your wonderful details as always!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page lovely colors.
byebye,Lean

Kerryn said...

It looks fabulous Helen! Bugger about the Internet :(.

Denise Price said...

Great page--I love how you worked in so many cute little embellies.

I giggled at how you described the seasons in Durban. :)

Your son actually allows you to call him "cute"? Mine is vehemently opposed to that term! :) Even though he is cute.

Keren Tamir said...

This is amazing Helen he's so handsome!! Love the bright colors. Those papers are amazing

Tracey said...

The colours are so fabulous! What a great page!

topkatnz said...

Heehee, he really was cute:) great sketch too!

Lynnda said...

I can imagine the frustration!!!!


Love love love your beautiful layout!!!! as always... your creations are absolute gorgeous!!!

hugs...xoxo

Eila Sandberg said...

I can only imagine your frustration Helen, I'm vaporizing in atoms after 15 minutes without connection. Grrrr!
He was such a cute boy your Reilly and has turned into an even cuter young man :)) Ha ha summer and nothing but summer! you're welcome for a visit to me anytime! Oh I do love those PP embellis, so pretty and so perfect with the papers. Beautiful work Helen! Hope you're weekend is a good one. Mwah!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable layout Helen! What a sweet photo! Love the colorful and cheerful patterned papers you used!

Unknown said...

What a bright and fun page, Helen! Loving the cheery colors and the cute buttons!

scrapbookertink said...

Sorry to hear about your technical problems, so frustrating. Lovely layout and he looks so young, even more handsome and cute now, have a great week x

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fabulous page!! Love the guy touches!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/