Wednesday 7 November 2012

Play Often Layout {My Creative Scrapbook Mixed Media Team}





Hi Everyone!  Happy Hump Day!!  Here's my 2nd layout 
created for My Creative Scrapbook Mixed Media Team HERE.


I started with this sheet of paper below {the B side that has
the pale house prints and text design} then used inks and
stencils to create the mixed media look to the base paper.


Once I'd misted over the Butterfly stencil that I just placed in
random different positions on my page I also used the grid stencil
with some modeling paste to add some texture too. 


I raised up the Webster's Pages sentiment sticker on a strip of box
cardboard for a 3D effect & opened up some of the Prima bud
flowers.  I inked up the big flower again & used some Prima
 packaging underneath my cluster.


I used Liquid Pearls again, around my main butterfly design
as well as my photograph & hand-journaled a message to my kids.


I also used texture paste over the grid stamp on the 
Maya Road Linen heart from the Mixed Media kit & tucked 
it in behind my photo, together with some inked & distressed 
layers of Webster's Pages papers.


Lots of lovely layers!


I made a little bunting flag out of the Prima packaging wrapped
around a tooth pick (see it there just above the cluster).


These kits are super easy to use because the contents 
are just dreamy!  Order yours HERE .


Supplies List for 'Play Often' Layout

Paper - Webster's Pages - Park Drive - Journey
In the Paper - Webster's Pages - Park Drive
Mists - Pale Ale - Memories Mist
Maya Road - Apple Green
Maya Road - Raspberry Pink
Maya Road - Charcoal
Butterfly stencil - Maya Road
Grid Stencil - Crafter's Workshop
Deco Art - Texture Paste
Flowers, tile, velvet beads, bottle cap &
 Vintage Trinket - Prima
Prima Packaging
Maya Road Linen Heart
Inks - Pink - Old Rose - Prima
Beige - Chestnut Roan - Color Box
Yellow - Yellow Citrus - Color Box
Liquid Pearls - Ranger - Rouge
Journal Pen - Schachihata 0.4
*created using My Creative Scrapbook October
 2012 Mixed Media & Limited Edition Kids*




30 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This is adorable - my fave bit is that butterfly...looks sooooo good:):):)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I think the message applies to everyone - Life is short. Do what you love and do it more often! Sweet page, Helen!

Kerryn said...

Love what you've done to create the background! It looks awesome!!

Lynnda said...

wow wow Helen....another stunning LO from you... I love it.... its beautiful... hugs...xoxo

juscrap said...

Helen another stunning LO from you. Great work dear friend. hugs

Sandi Smith said...

Stunning work Helen and congrats on being a Cover girl!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are absolutely AMAZING!!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the colors, the flowers, the bottle cap and that butterfly...wow!!!

Unknown said...

Wow my friend this is really awesome love the butterfly

Tracey said...

You definitely rock the mixed media Helen! This is stunning!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Talk about a transformation... you beautified that paper with your stencils and creative eye. Love those clustered embellies, too. The bottlecap is exquisite!

Marilyn said...

Awesome work!!! love the background work, the mix of stencils looks fabulous and love the colors!!! Take care my friend!!! xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

you make me drool over thee embellies Helen!
)))) great job!

Gayle Price said...

What a gorgeous page ! Love all the background detail and love the 'softness'. Every detail perfectly placed. xx

Alison said...

That butterfly is gorgeous..another stunning LO!
Alison xx

Keren Tamir said...

This is really beautiful. I love how u stenciled the butterflies. It looks amazing

Leonie said...

Very gorgeous Helen. Those papers are great aren't they I just got that collection myself? Love how you use the liquid pearls. Cheers.

yyam said...

It's gorgeous! Love the inking and masking on the background! Gorgeous details. And magnificent colour palette!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So gorgeous. I love all the layers and the texture.

Denise van Deventer said...

Another gorgeous layout Helen...love the beautiful florals and layering, and thise gorgeous velvet drops! I love the sentiment too!!

sandi said...

This is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Love everything about it! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful photo and fantastic mix of technics!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning Helen! Such a dear photo and I'm lovin' all the color!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beautiful page and glorious message to your gorgeous children!
TFS~

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow this is GORGEOUS! Brillinat work!!!

FiKenward said...

Wow you did a great job on altering that piece of background paper, Awesome!!!

Sandie said...

oh larrhh larhh, I think this is a high favourite of mine, of your layouts. You also have beautiful hand-writing.

Marelize said...

I just love everything you do Helen! This is no exception. Beautiful work. xx

Denise Price said...

Ooh--everything about it is just so pretty! The butterfly! The flowers! The charms. I'm swooning. :)

Eila Sandberg said...

I would never have recognized the background paper after your expert background work! your page looks absolutely smashing! very very pretty cluster and details! High five! xoxo

Unknown said...

This is fabulous ! What's the difference between modeling paste and texture paste ? Not the same ?
I really love the superposition of the different patterns in different colors !