Thursday 15 November 2012

No. 1 Delightful Kitty Cat Layout {Prima Product Pick} October 2012





Hi again!  So here is my take on last month's PPP.
{Prima Product Pick}.




The colours weren't my favourite I'll be honest - but I still 
wanted to try to give it a go as I think it's important to 
get out of one's comfort zone a lot more often than I'd like!


You can see the post up at Prima HERE.


It was actually really good fun getting completely
 out of my comfort zone & creating my background paper
 almost entirely -  using mists, inks, glitter varnish & my
new 'Art Writing' stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.



Here's the paper I started with {the reverse side}.


I smeared on a lot of gesso around the edges using a wooden
ice-cream stick - I am loving creating a vignette effect right now...


In real life this creation is a sparkly delight!
I used more Dusty Attic chipboard with paint,
gesso & some luxe gold embossing powder.


I loved the opportunity to use up some of my new stash
& I inked & gessoed up the wooden clock & glittered the
teeny orange rose so had fun customizing as well.


I cut down and layered up a little stack of offcut
 papers to lay underneath my photo & stapled them
 in place so they weren't all glued down totally flat, 
to create more of a dimensional feel.


I used my Prima grid stamp too.


Trying to show you how ****sparkly**** it is :)


Gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard swirls treated with paint, 
gesso & embossing powder.


A few Prima pretties inked, gessoed and glittered up...


Thanks for visiting :)  I am still having major internet
problems despite things being *better* - took me an hour
to get online tonight so I'm getting very behind on all sorts
of little tasks like loading layouts into galleries....sigh....

Our ADSL line has been transferred to another port
{whatever that means...} but while things are improved
it is still dropping continuously.  Buying a new router this
week - who knows, I'll do anything to fix this thing!!

Supplies List for No. I Delightful Kitty Cat Layout

Paper - Zephyr - Tabarette & Almanac - Composition
plus various offcuts - Prima Zephyr & Doodle Deux papers
Gesso - Claudine Helmuth Studios
Orange ink - Memento {Tangelo}
Grey ink - Prima - Old Road
Orange mist - Maya Road - Orange Sherbet
Yellow mist - Maya Road - Sunshine
Gold Varnish - Crafter's Companion - Spray & Sparkle
Chipboard Swirls - Dusty Attic
Paint - Reeves Acrylic
Gold Embossing Powder - Stampendous
Wooden embellishments - Prima Zephyr
Wooden Ticket - Fairybelle
Chipboard Piece - Prima
Prima trinkets - Rosarian collection
Flowers - Rondelle 
Glitter - Shimmerz Sparkliscious
Alphas - Prima





21 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen! You are a master at all things 'messy'!!

Adriana B said...

wow love the background, great textures and layers, going back now for another look , have a great weekend :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I really love the background paper you created! So much fun! I also really like how you used the multiple patterns to mat your photo!!!

Lynnda said...

agree with the ladies... loving your background... and the layering!!! Beautiful layout Helen... hugs...xoxo

Keren Tamir said...

Love all the texture in this LO it's amazing!!

Bellaidea said...

Cool textures and great design my friend, I hope your internet will run very well!

Marelize said...

This is simply gorgeous Helen... like everything you do. xx

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE that template...fun ahead with that, I reckon, & I really like the sketch/design of this one...great 'arty' bg:):):)

yyam said...

Really cool! That background is amazing!!!!! :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

oh, you really got reative, this PPP is difficult for me, I a planning tp ply with their sketch...

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing background! Love everything abut this Helen!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that background, the layers, the flowers!!! You are amazing! Good luck with the new router!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Another beautiful layout...I love your mixed media background.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous!!! I LLLOOOVVVEEE the grunge!!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Leonie said...

Wow this is great Helen, love the background you created. Awesome!

Marjie Kemper said...

Really love it! Not just the grungy aspects, but the super way you've clustered the embellies around that sweet pic. You are soooo good at this!

Alison said...

You do so fabulously well with the paint effects on the background paper Helen...another stunner!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

Now this is one arty layout, amazing detail and texture, love it.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Wowee, Helen! Getting out of your comfort zone is producing AMAZING results. WTG!

Kerryn said...

Such a fun page with all that texture and colour. Love it!

Eila Sandberg said...

Me too, found the palette very challenging. Not my usual combo but hey, a girl's gotta dive straight in! Love all the texture and colour. Fab fun page! xoxo