Monday 30 April 2012

A Sister is a Little Bit of Childhood that can never be Lost {3 Scrappy Boys - Glitz Design - Happy Traveller}





Hello Everyone!  Happy Monday!!
Can you believe it is the last day of the month?!

I cant!  I didn't realise it until today - I thought I
had a whole other day to finish off my work for
April but nooooo...my dear daughter pointed out
that April does indeed have only 30 days - uuuugh!!

I just never have enough time to complete the challenges
that I would like!  BUT - not to worry - I can't do everything
and I have achieved something really awesome this weekend,
which I will share with you on Thursday so come back & see!


Here is the 5th layout I created for 3 Scrappy Boys, using the
papers from Glitz Design, Happy Traveller (beautiful papers
and so versatile as my layout has nothing to do with travelling!)


I used the Bella! Bling from the kit, but I cut it up
 into strips to use for the butterflies' bodies.


I added a doily from my stash & a doily-type diecut
 from a Spellbinders die, that I sanded a bit.


Butterflies were punched using my Martha Stewart Crafts 
double butterfly  punch.  I chose a long title to make the
most of those awesome Prima alphas (supplied in the kit).

To do this it's best to chose a photo with some white space
for the title to fit.  I love this photo of my 2 girls :)

Supplies List for "Sisters are a Little Bit of Childhood" Layout


Papers - Glitz Design Happy Traveller
Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts Double Butterfly
& Detailed Butterfly punch
Rhinestones - Bella!  Bling
Die-cut doily - Spellbinders
Doily - stash
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories.
Metal buttefly embellishment - Dear Lizzy Enchanted.
Alphas - Prima




25 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! YES! know that feeling with trying to play along with some Challenges each Month & just seem to run out of time...

WOW!That layout Helen.. Is TOTALLY Gorgeous...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee that photo, the butterflies....and that title is WOW!! LOVE IT!!

Michelle said...

This is such a cute page. I love the butterflies with the doily. The saying/title is perfect. My younger one adores her much older sister so much.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

What's that awesome news, Helen!! Can't wait!! ;) I love the background in red, and those cute butterflies. Gorgeous page!! Yeah, it's May soon!!

yyam said...

Gorgeous, rich colours! Love the titlework on the beautiful photo! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Just came from Rachael F's...giveaway of some of these papers:):) They work beautifully here with the B&W photo...taa for your lovely comments, too:):)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful layout Helen and photo! Love all the sweet butterflies!

Mitralee said...

Cool photo and love that red!

Lynnda said...

Love the photo!!! Its a good focal point... simply and yet So STUNNING ... Love this layout... hugs...xoxo

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful creation Helen!!!

Unknown said...

I know first-hand how amazing it is to have a sister! :)- this layout is beautiful! Love all the butterflies- so feminine!

Gayle Price said...

Simple and bold, love it. Great photo with the expressions on your gorgeous girls faces. xx

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous pic and layout x

Cindy Fortin said...

Really nice page! Il love the long title on the photo and your cute butterflies with jewels.

Alison said...

Gorgeous Helen..love the bling on the butterflies and the quote you've used for the title!
Alison xx

FiKenward said...

Love the vibrancy from the background paper and the softness from the doily, beautiful layout. The fluttering of the butterfly's are so sweet.

Jasmine S said...

I love that quote and it goes beautifully with your photo. Just love that red background paper and the butterflies look great. I have just created a few pages using lots of butterflies. I cannot get enough of them at the moment.

sandi said...

wow Helen this is just fab! Love the lo and love the title....I will have to use this one!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So beautiful, Helen!!! Your page is totally gorgeous and your photo is brilliant too!!! :D

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous once again. Love the photo with the younger sis in the background. I see the photo has been taken in the Friendly Windy city, my home town.
Hugs
Desire
PS: Have you received my parcel?

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are doing so well with the challenges. This layout is gorgeous...and I love the title.

Eila Sandberg said...

There are so many of them challenges out there and so little time. I have always marvelled how you manage to take part in so many of them despite everything you've got on your plate. I love these papers, you have scrapped them absolutely beautifully!! the photo of the two is so pretty too. Wonderful wonderful page Helen! xoxo

tania said...

i love the photo helen:) the layout is beautiful, specially the journaling in the photo:)

Marilyn said...

Sooo Pretty page! love the background color and the pic is adorable, love how you put the journaling in the pic. Beautiful work! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning LO! Love that pic with your younger girl giving you the eye and smile in the background, and the butterflies are fab. Missed this the other day!